• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Best Dolby Atmos Classic Tracks on Tidal

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

PodCat

Since 2002/2003
You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees
Rocket Man - Elton John
Didn’t see these.
Could you tell me where you found them?
Were they on a playlist?

On Apple TV at least, you can’t really find Atmos tracks by searching them individually. It might produce one, but it will just be mixed in with all the stereo and not identified as Atmos. I’ve heard there’s an Atmos version of Don Mclean American Pie but haven’t found it among the 50 or so stereo versions.

dabl

Since 2002/2003
I updated my Firestick 4K to latest Tidal, added an Atmos track, and got an error message specifically related to Atmos lack of compatibility, then it played in DD+, 2.0. :(
You need v2.26.1 and likely have v2.25.1 of the Tidal app

For whatever reason, as of yesterday anyway, only one guy here somewhere in North America has reported getting the necessary 2.26.1 version so it may be that it's getting pushed by area or something. I'd recommend checking a place where the Firestick geeks hang out like avsforums but so far it looks like they haven't even yet discovered what we have here.....

Last edited:

dabl

Since 2002/2003
Thanks for sharing the play list, I think as people find tracks that seem to be hidden, we should add them to our playlists and share. I've ♥ed your playlist.
Yeah thanks Smithers, super helpful. I did the same and am hoping if you add stuff to it, those additions will show up in my saved version.

EricKalet

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Didn’t see these.
Could you tell me where you found them?
Were they on a playlist?

On Apple TV at least, you can’t really find Atmos tracks by searching them individually. It might produce one, but it will just be mixed in with all the stereo and not identified as Atmos. I’ve heard there’s an Atmos version of Don Mclean American Pie but haven’t found it among the 50 or so stereo versions.
Go to my playlist American Pie is on there: Atmos

himey

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
You need v2.26.1 and likely have v2.25.1 of the Tidal app

For whatever reason, as of yesterday anyway, only one guy here somewhere in North America has reported getting the necessary 2.26.1 version so it may be that it's getting pushed by area or something. I'd recommend checking a place where the Firestick geeks hang out like avsforums
Downmixed to 7.1?

EricKalet

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Yeah thanks Smithers, super helpful. I did the same and am hoping if you add stuff to it, those additions will show up in my saved version.
Yes from what I recall when I had Tidal a few years ago, as the playlists are updated, those that favorite them, also will see the changes.

dabl

Since 2002/2003
You can open the playlist and ♥ it in the desktop or web app, then it will also appear on the ATV4k Tidal app under my playlists.
I would only add that when I visit the link in my web browser (Chrome on Windows), underneath the 'Play in TIDAL' button I see the text 'or open in our Web app'

When I click 'or open in our Web app' my local Tidal (Windows) client on my PC opens (logged in as me) and I can then save the playlist.

That playlist then shows up on my Tidal client on my Nvidia Shield TV

dabl

Since 2002/2003
When I log into the website, it redirects tomlisten.tidal.com and just demands that I pick 3 favorite artists, There is nothing else, no other options. Really obnoxious.
Interesting. Sounds like a browser issue. What is your target device (ex Apple TV 4k) and do you have a PC/Mac and what browser (Safari etc)?

Last edited:

PodCat

Since 2002/2003
Interesting. Sounds like a browser issue. What is your target device (ex Apple TV 4k) and do you have a PC/Mac that can run a browser?
Apple TV 4K and no Mac. I can run browser on iPad, but as I said, no use. It’s not an “issue,” it’s intentional. Obnoxious websites and popups that demand info before proceeding are now the rule.

dabl

Since 2002/2003
Apple TV 4K and no Mac. I can run browser on iPad, but as I said, no use. It’s not an “issue,” it’s intentional. Obnoxious websites and popups that demand info before proceeding are now the rule.
Hmm. I am running a browser plugin to stop ads, could be the reason I see no problem visiting the same link on the chrome browser running on windows....

EricKalet

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
When I log into the website, it redirects tomlisten.tidal.com and just demands that I pick 3 favorite artists, There is nothing else, no other options. Really obnoxious.
Yes I remember having to choose the artists and then it let you go to the next step. PITA for sure, but at least a quick detour of only about 15-30 seconds.

dabl

Since 2002/2003
Yes I remember having to choose the artists and then it let you go to the next step. PITA for sure, but at least a quick detour of only about 15-30 seconds.
Ah that sounds familiar now. I think that must be just a first time visit on the web thing. It's probably cached or in my browser cookies on my machine.

Goona

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Just an update with classic rock and the extra tracks like Rocket Man

PodCat

Since 2002/2003
You can open the playlist and ♥ it in the desktop or web app, then it will also appear on the ATV4k Tidal app under my playlists.
Success!
Finally.

Never did succeed in copying your playlist over but was able to Favorite every individual track. Voilá! Without your playlist, I wouldn’t have been able to play any of those tracks — many thanks. The Tidal app is so clunky that as of now there appears to be no direct way to access them on Apple TV.

Quel suprise — no response whatsoever from Tidal customer no-service. What’s infuriating is it’s obvious that not one person there could be bothered to spare an hour beta testing with an actual Apple TV setup to see if their tracks are even accessible. You’d think this might be important.

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Success!
Finally.

Never did succeed in copying your playlist over but was able to Favorite every individual track. Voilá! Without your playlist, I wouldn’t have been able to play any of those tracks — many thanks. The Tidal app is so clunky that as of now there appears to be no direct way to access them on Apple TV.

Quel suprise — no response whatsoever from Tidal customer no-service. What’s infuriating is it’s obvious that not one person there could be bothered to spare an hour beta testing with an actual Apple TV setup to see if their tracks are even accessible. You’d think this might be important.
I also queried Tidal support about the impossibility to find Atmos tracks or albums out of the playlists, I'll update here in case of any reply