"Best of Doors" 4.0 Surround SACD from Audio Fidelity (June 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VNVXFKW?

The Doors
"The Best Of The Doors" (1973)
Hybrid SACD 4.0 Quad

AFZ5 206 - SRP $29.99

image.jpg

"One of the 100 greatest artists of all time!" - Rolling Stone Magazine

The Best Of The Doors was released by the group in 1973. The album was originally released in the CD-4 QuadraDisc format, Quadraphonic 8-Track and reel-to-reel tape and was later reissued in standard stereo. This is the first time in 40 years the Quad masters are being released. The stereo songs in The Best Of The Doors have been taken from the original two-track masters of the eight albums they recorded between 1967 and 1971. Three of the band's studio albums, "The Doors" (1967), "L.A. Woman" (1971), and "Strange Days" (1967), were featured in the Rolling Stone list of The 500 Greatest Albums of all time.

:banana:

Do we have permission now to jump for joy, Jon? ;)

:bounce17:bounce:51banana::wave:woopie:party:upthumb:beer2:brew:cool::sun(y)

I'm gonna buy 10 of these, so lookout and get your order in. I just hope they don't screw it up and use the newer surround mixes.

Good thing today isn't April 1st.

This has always been #1 on my re-release list.

Hey maybe we could get it in a super jewel case to match the Analogue Productions releases?

I'm gonna buy 10 of these, so lookout and get your order in. I just hope they don't screw it up and use the newer surround mixes.

I wouldn't worry about that. Have AF screwed up any of their releases yet?

I wouldn't worry about that. Have AF screwed up any of their releases yet?

Time-Life Legends comes to mind, not that I want to go off-topic and talk about that at all.

One possible error would be using the sped-up 2 channel version of Light My Fire. Not that anyone is gonna be playing this in stereo anyway.

Do we have permission now to jump for joy, Jon? ;)

:bounce17:bounce:51banana::wave:woopie:party:upthumb:beer2:brew:cool::sun(y)

Hey maybe we could get it in a super jewel case to match the Analogue Productions releases?

Oh, hell yeah!!! :banana:

Back