"Best of Doors" 4.0 Surround SACD from Audio Fidelity (June 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are spot on...now this presents a unique situation...looks like all 4 of the new releases will be available at acoustic sounds on the same day...the 30th HERE

Not to worry. AF says only The Doors and Joe Cocker SACDs on 6/30. Your credit card is safe until July.... :)

It gets better - the CD-4 Channel Discrete and QuadraDisc logos are visible on the cover of the Best of the Doors Multichannel SACD from Audio Fidelity! :)

Cover - 400w.jpg

There must have been a fellow QQer behind the scene :sun .

Not only that, but this was the actual album graphic for over 15 years. All LPs were quadradiscs (other than the record club issue), so the quadradisc logo and markings are in keeping with AF's QC in making the graphics match the LPs of their original releases.

And check out the Booklet!!! :)

Doors Booklet.jpg

How is your review coming? :)

I like 'em both. Joe Cocker and The Doors. Interestingly, the stereo version of Light My Fire sounds fine on this one, unlike the same song on that Legends SACD that I disposed of.

Closing in on June 29th! That's next Monday my good friends....I have will have my claws on 2 copies of The World Famous Doors...lol IN QUAD! Getting fired up man....

Monday, June 29th - 10:30 Eastern

For those of you charting the delivery of such things:
Amazon sent me the text stating that my copy is my home mailbox in Long Island.
Will likely not listen to it tonight since I feel the need to pay some respect to Chris Squire by giving some YES a spin.

Not to complian...... but why isn't AF including a picture of the QUAD label too on all the quad releases??????

Not only that, but this was the actual album graphic for over 15 years. All LPs were quadradiscs (other than the record club issue), so the quadradisc logo and markings are in keeping with AF's QC in making the graphics match the LPs of their original releases.

And check out the Booklet!!! :)

View attachment 19352

Monday, June 29th - 10:30 Eastern

For those of you charting the delivery of such things:
Amazon sent me the text stating that my copy is my home mailbox in Long Island.
Will likely not listen to it tonight since I feel the need to pay some respect to Chris Squire by giving some YES a spin.

He leaves this world with an absolute amazing legacy of bass works no other bassist can match, so his contributions to YES' S albums will live on perhaps as an historic progressive rock LEGEND.

Not to complian...... but why isn't AF including a picture of the QUAD label too on all the quad releases??????

Since this was originally a "Quad only" release, the quad labels ARE the original labels for the album. That's not the case with other albums that had quad mixes released after the stereo LP.

Back