Best program for extracting FLAC on a MAC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DVD-Audio Extractor might require Windows 10... But that's not the case for DVD-Audio Explorer...

Right, which I was never talking about. The post I was replying to said that running DVD Audio Extractor on a Mac could be tricky because it required that your Mac be less than 10 years old. I was only talking about Extractor.

I actually run DVD Audio Explorer on Windows XP ;-) It is the only thing I'm aware of that can do the 5.1->2.0 mixdown encoded in the DVD-Audio format.

I actually run DVD Audio Explorer on Windows XP ;-) It is the only thing I'm aware of that can do the 5.1->2.0 mixdown encoded in the DVD-Audio format.
For Windows OS users, DVD Audio Explorer is a very basic piece of software that allows you to select, extract and decrypt tracks stored within the DVD-Audio discs AUDIO_TS folder: -

DVD-Audio_Explorer_2008.07.21_Beta3.jpg

What I do (which is not for everyone) is this: -
After the lossless (lpcm) .mpl tracks have been extracted, I transfer them to an external USB connected HDD (drive D). Then I use FFmpeg.exe (which is also located on drive D) to encode .mpl tracks to FLAC using the following command line: D:\>ffmpeg -i input.mlp output.flac

After the .mpl tracks have been encoded to FLAC, I amend their meta-data and add an album image (using MP3tag), then stick them in a folder (with the album name) and transfer the folder to my NAS.

Cheers

I use a Mac app called TraX by 'Bytewizard', forget how I happened upon it. Extracts/recodes DSD from .iso disc image files to flac or many other formats, lets you translate stereo, surround, or both. Seems to have many other capabilities that I haven't explored, but after some trial and error I got the hang of its interface, paid the fee, and it's gotten the job done.

Back