Best Streamed 5.1/Quad Titles

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GOS, did you want this thread to be Atmos-only, or are quad and 5.1 mixes fair game?
I'll sneak this one in before you can answer. I believe it's the same quad mix previously released on SACD, but since I don't have that disc, streaming it has thrilled me repeatedly:
I love this one, too. Jeff Beck’s Wired is also available and equally enjoyable.

Some '70s quads previously unavailable in digital form:
  • Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny & Mutation
  • Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night, With Rick Derringer, Shock Treatment (front and rear channels are flipped on "Easy Street")
  • Johnny Winter - John Dawson Winter III, Saints & Sinners, Still Alive & Well
  • Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World, Go For Your Guns, Live It Up, The Heat Is On (the last two appear to be matrix decodes?)
  • Blood Sweat & Tears - Greatest Hits
  • Byrds - Byrdmaniax
  • Manhattans - It Feels So Good
  • Youngbloods - Best Of
  • Lee Michaels - Nice Day For Something
  • MFSB - Love Is The Message
  • Mountain - The Best Of
  • Michael Murphy - Swans Against The Sun
  • Dan Fogelberg - Captured Angel
  • Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
  • Labelle - Phoenix
  • Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me

5.1's (all previously released on DVD, SACD, Blu-Ray, etc):
  • Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
  • David Gilmour - On An Island, Live In Gdansk, Rattle That Lock, Live At Pompeii
  • Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, The Delicate Sound Of Thunder, The Division Bell, The Endless River
  • Keb Mo - Just Like You
  • Indigo Girls - All That We Let In
  • Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune
  • Marvin Gaye - Midnight Love
  • Outkast - Stankonia
  • Bill Withers - Just As I Am

I'm confused. Why are we specifically listing quad and 5.1 titles in a clearly Atmos thread? Or were these quad and 5.1 in a physical disc but now are streaming Atmos? (Best of Youngbloods is definitely not Atmos on my setup)

I'm confused. Why are we specifically listing quad and 5.1 titles in a clearly Atmos thread? Or were these quad and 5.1 in a physical disc but now are streaming Atmos? (Best of Youngbloods is definitely not Atmos on my setup)
Personally, I am interested in every streaming title with more than two channels, that have never been released digitally. Most will be Atmos, but the few which are 5.1 and 4.0, I would like to see, and reviewed here.

To me Atmos is spatial so mentioning a Quad mix in this thread is akin to listing stereo mixes in a Quad thread.

But the OP is asking about Best Streaming Atmos titles so that includes Quad mixes.

To me Atmos is spatial so mentioning a Quad mix in this thread is akin to listing stereo mixes in a Quad thread.

But the OP is asking about Best Streaming Atmos titles so that includes Quad mixes.
There aren't enough 5.1/quad titles streaming to get their own dedicated thread, so they might as well go here.
edit...or not.

(I split out the posts about 5.1 and quad streaming releases from GOS's Best Streamed Atmos Titles! thread and moved them into a new thread.)
I guess I understand splitting this out into its own thread, but why is "with no physical counterpart" appended to the thread title? The very first post in this new spin-off thread is mine, about Birds Of Fire, which as stated in my post, has/had a physical disc release. I don't have the disc, so I can't be sure the streaming mix is identical to that, but I thought others had commented that it is. And GOS' original Best Streamed Atmos thread is not specific to those without physical releases, based on the thread title and a comment he made when someone asked about that, so why would this one be?

Seeing this today, I realize it might have come off as too cheeky. If so, apologies; I was just being silly. I have great respect and appreciation for @steelydave and the other QQ moderators, who work hard to keep this a great platform. Thanks again, sincerely!
superdave.jpg

Back