Best Streamed Atmos Titles!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could I forget Bjork! That is probably my one favorite if I was forced to choose only one, streaming only title.
Sasha Geffen has a beautiful essay about the new album and about the trajectory of Bjork's career at NPR:
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/21/1137413928/bjork-fossora-voice-career-celebrity
They also link to a track-by-track rundown of the album in The Atlantic:
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/09/bjork-album-fossora-tracklist-decoded/671611/

Hmmmm....tired to link to a playlist of mine of tunes that come from albums that only have one or two songs available in Atmos but it wouldn't display. Anyway, a few notable ones:

Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
Bee Gees - Nights On Broadway
Laurie Anderson - Big Science
Earth Wind & Fire - September
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
I'm not finding the Gnarls Barkley anywhere on Apple -- do you have a link, perchance?

Here's my updated list:
  • Grateful Dead - American Beauty, Europe '72
  • Tom Petty - Wildflowers+, Best of
  • Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean
  • Elton John - Diamonds
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus, Legend, and Kaya
  • Doors - The whole Catalog, but in particular the debut is way better than the SACD I have
  • Crown Lands - White Buffalo
  • Enigma - The Platinum Collection, but Volume 1 is all you really need
  • The Band - Cahoots
  • Beatles - Sgt Pepper, Revolver
  • Traveler's Blues - Blues Traveler
  • UB40 - Best of Labour of Love
  • Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
  • Rush - Moving Pictures
  • Mickey Hart - Planet Drum
Still leaving Monkey House off, but only because I bought the download.

I just do Tidal so far, here's my list of albums for now:
  • Grateful Dead - American Beauty
  • Tom Petty - Wildflowers+
  • Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean
  • Elton John - Diamonds
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus, Legend, and Kaya
  • Doors - The whole Catalog, but in particular the debut is way better than the SACD I have
  • Crown Lands - White Buffalo
  • Enigma - The Platinum Collection, but Volume 1 is all you really need
  • The Band - Cahoots
  • Beatles - Sgt Pepper (not especially good Atmos, but it's a great version of a great album)
  • Traveler's Blues - Blues Traveler
  • UB40 - Best of Labour of Love
  • Steel Pulse - True Democracy (not an astounding mix, but it sure does sound good)
  • Rush - Moving Pictures
I'd vote for Monkey House, but I only get two tracks in Atmos on Tidal. Also, there are a bunch of 360RA titles on Tidal some of which are on Apple and some not. I'll leave those aside for now. Also, I'm leaving out some just because I have a better hard copy. Yello, TFF, xPropaganda and all the Talking Heads in particular.

Also, I heartily endorse this thread. There are too many streaming Atmos titles for me to sort through reviews of all of them especially since a relatively small percentage of them are going to interest me.
How did you find the Atmos version of Tori's Ocean to Ocean. I can't seem to find it. I hate that you can't get reliable results with a search of Atmos and an artist.

Back