Better Than Ezra - How Does Your Garden Grow? 5.1 DVD-A released 4/27/13

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I quote, Maltloaf ? " You took the words right out of my mouth "

( I wish my BTE disc & BD-A's would turn up. :( )

I feel your pain, I understand it when you are really looking forward to stuff showing up,same happens to me I eaglerly check my mailbox every day only to find bills and no cd\dvd package.
I miss the days where you could go to a local cd shop and pickup the orders from there.
I just received my copy yesterday, took 15 days and I am in North America.
It has puzzled me many a time how things get held up in postal system as I have had order's from amazon.uk get to me in Canada in 4 days to my door and sometimes a amazon.uk order can take up to a month to get to me after they have sent email saying its been shipped.
USA orders usually are always in the 2-3 week range thats why I switched to ordering from UK.
Hope yours arrives soon.............

I feel your pain, I understand it when you are really looking forward to stuff showing up,same happens to me I eaglerly check my mailbox every day only to find bills and no cd\dvd package.
I miss the days where you could go to a local cd shop and pickup the orders from there.
I just received my copy yesterday, took 15 days and I am in North America.
It has puzzled me many a time how things get held up in postal system as I have had order's from amazon.uk get to me in Canada in 4 days to my door and sometimes a amazon.uk order can take up to a month to get to me after they have sent email saying its been shipped.
USA orders usually are always in the 2-3 week range thats why I switched to ordering from UK.
Hope yours arrives soon.............

Thanks.....I think postal situations vary ( which i'm sure is everone's experience ! ) Normally, I find that the item I expect to turn up late, can turn up early, and vice versa.
I feel depressed when the postman hasn't left a parcel ( I know I shouldn't, when there's more important things in the world ! ) My BD-A discs were delivered today, so that made up for it.
I'm really keen to receive the BTE disc because I like the music that I've heard so far.

Just a quick note here about the BTE as need to listen a few more times before posting at the poll.
Love,love,love the mix, it is done the right way using all 5.1 speakers, is it just me but does it seem a bit bright on some of the songs(not sure if that is from original recording or some extra compression added in new mastering). I had just listened to Stickmen-Deep prior so that is my direct mix/mastering comparison.
Its by no means terrible for mastering compression added but is just a quick observation it has had some extra sauce added to the mastering.
I am really glad this came out(thankyou Rich and BTE), I did not know this band but they are right up my alley for bands that can write some great pop hooks.
I agree with some comments that some others have said, hope this is a sign that we get some more non prog releases in surround.
Prog and Classic rock was my favorite music in my teens but I stopped listening to prog when other bands came along like Depeche Mode,Cocteau Twins,Clash,Elvis Costello,Pixies,Cars,Midnight Oil,XTC,Love&Rockets,etc but as of last few years prob. because I mostly get excited about surround releases(many older prog bands from 70's) I have swayed back to spending more of my listening time with prog bands and discovering some of the new prog bands to me that I had over looked in past 20 years like Marillion,IQ,Big Big Train,Spocks Beard,Transatlantic,Magenta,Dream Theater,Porcupine Tree,etc

Not sure if Rich's favorite bands are pop/rock from past 20 years as he posted about going to Athlete concert and saying people should check them out but if thats the case that would be awesome as we are definitely under served in surround releases with bands from the past 20 years(Muse please or for that matter their are 100's of good bands that deserve to be heard in 5.1)

Thanks.....I think postal situations vary ( which i'm sure is everone's experience ! ) Normally, I find that the item I expect to turn up late, can turn up early, and vice versa.
I feel depressed when the postman hasn't left a parcel ( I know I shouldn't, when there's more important things in the world ! ) My BD-A discs were delivered today, so that made up for it.
I'm really keen to receive the BTE disc because I like the music that I've heard so far.

to be honest it's a bit of a relief when new (or "new old"!) things don't come plopping on the doormat everyday!

the rate I buy I need to take a breather every now and then! there's an embarrassing number of movies, albums, games, etc I've bought (quite apart from surround things I've both burned and bought!) that I've never got round to playing! eek.. that's what you get for being a scatterbrain with a magpie's eye for shiny goodies I spose! :eek:

to be honest it's a bit of a relief when new (or "new old"!) things don't come plopping on the doormat everyday!

the rate I buy I need to take a breather every now and then! there's an embarrassing number of movies, albums, games, etc I've bought (quite apart from surround things I've both burned and bought!) that I've never got round to playing! eek.. that's what you get for being a scatterbrain with a magpie's eye for shiny goodies I spose! :eek:

Well, I definitely need to curb ( spelling ?? ) my spending !! Everytime I try.... collecting surround music, music in general, is becoming an addiction for me !

Not sure if Rich's favorite bands are pop/rock from past 20 years as he posted about going to Athlete concert and saying people should check them out but if thats the case that would be awesome as we are definitely under served in surround releases with bands from the past 20 years(Muse please or for that matter their are 100's of good bands that deserve to be heard in 5.1)

I hope we have more modern non prog rock releases.

I'd kill to get the new Daft Punk in 5.1. Would love to see how well a sub would make those deep bass grooves come out.

Any possibility of someone posting a picture of the product and it's specs? What sort of case does it come in, and is there a high resolution stereo track for those who may be surround-challenged at the moment?

Could also use the amazon link if and when it becomes available on there.

As for the product packaging. It's a standard cd size digipak (paperboard or card stock) with one plastic tray, not a jewel case.

Any possibility of someone posting a picture of the product and it's specs? What sort of case does it come in, and is there a high resolution stereo track for those who may be surround-challenged at the moment?

Could also use the amazon link if and when it becomes available on there.

Hello,

No stereo layer, just Dolby Digital 5.1 and DVD-A.

bte007.jpgbte008.jpgbte005.jpgbte003.jpgbte004.jpg

The packaging is the only issue I have with the BTE release. That's more from a nerdy continuity standpoint. It adds a little disorder to my DVD-Audio collection on the shelf. It's one of my OCD issues. I may have to put it on the shelf with NIN's With Teeth which shares similar packaging.

I'll admit that the packaging decision, was the hardest part of the entire process. I also have a number of the DVD-A/DTS cases and their size is nice from a visual standpoint...as they stick out from the other CD's, etc in my collection.

It was after much debate that I went with the smaller Digipack for the following reasons:

1) For the mobile user in their car...it's hard to get more than a few few of the larger sized discs in a console.

2) The plastic. I'm just trying to be a bit more environmentally conscious.

I can see more tweaking for the next release on the packaging. Speaking of which...I'm getting closer to announcing the next title. Negotiations with artists and their managers/lawyers/record labels, etc always takes longer than expected.

Best,

Rich

I'll admit that the packaging decision, was the hardest part of the entire process. I also have a number of the DVD-A/DTS cases and their size is nice from a visual standpoint...as they stick out from the other CD's, etc in my collection.

It was after much debate that I went with the smaller Digipack for the following reasons:

1) For the mobile user in their car...it's hard to get more than a few few of the larger sized discs in a console.

I can see more tweaking for the next release on the packaging. Speaking of which...I'm getting closer to announcing the next title. Negotiations with artists and their managers/lawyers/record labels, etc always takes longer than expected.

Best,

Rich

Richard - no good deed goes unpunished ;) If the packaging is the worst issue then you are way ahead of the game - thanks for putting the music out there - really looking forward to your next effort!

Best,

Rich

Rich, the "Better than Ezra" release was absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait for the next release! :)

i'm really can't see any logic or sense behind this "package bitching"
if i buy music, i'm buying this for music and not as a nice touch for interior design.
Richard please do not concentrate too much attention on this issue but instead
better do make more similar releases in the way, which is affordable for end users
and at same time still generate some profit for artists and to support continuation of your idea.

Back