Better Than Ezra - How Does Your Garden Grow? 5.1 DVD-A released 4/27/13

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentlemen, it's great to be part of the forum. Thank you for all of the support! As a few of you have mentioned, my original inspiration for releasing 5.1 titles really was driven by the lack of titles available for those of us with 5.1 technology in our cars. Don't get me wrong, the home theatre experience is also amazing...but there's something about hearing a surround mix in a car with a great system.

Richard, agree with you 100% on listening to surround titles in the car, its a amazing experience.
Can't wait to hear the 'Better than Ezra' title and I really appreciate you getting this title out.
I have learned a lot at this site about surround music(reason why I am now a Acura owner as well) and its a great place to hang out with other music fans.
Welcome aboard.....

peter

Thank you Richard, looking forward to what comes next from Music Valet!

I've ordered the Better Than Ezra title - anyone have any word on whether it has started to ship yet?

Haven't looked at the documentary. Are these derived from multitracks, or upmixes being released commercially?

Haven't looked at the documentary. Are these derived from multitracks, or upmixes being released commercially?

As Richard of Music Valet wrote:
The original 2" tapes were transferred at Blackbird in Nashville by Lowell Anderson, a brilliant engineer. Lowell and I went back and forth and opted for a 24/48 transfer (I realize this could stir some debate :). Also, as mentioned, Jay Ruston was the mix engineer. I've known and worked with Jay many times and he's an amazing talent. He also had the patience to see my vision (along with the band's) all the way through to the final tweaks. Eric Boulanger, from The Mastering Lab, mastered the record entirely in the analog domain.

Thank you Richard, looking forward to what comes next from Music Valet!

I've ordered the Better Than Ezra title - anyone have any word on whether it has started to ship yet?

Received shipping notice and tracking number last night.

I appreciate the warm welcome to the forum. As mentioned in a separate post (Chiburb), initial orders were shipped out last night. I look forward to your comments!

having some problems ordering via musicvalet.com

using guest login to checkout, the system rejects all 3 of my email addresses as "invalid" so I cannot proceed with the order :(

I was just in the process of placing a order, and my postal charges to the U.K. are $11 ?? Total $27 ( so many cents )

Are you ordering 1 or 2 discs? Shipping for 1 disc to the UK is $8.44 (so $24.42 total with the disc) and shipping for two discs is $11.48 (so $27.46 with the disc). This is in line with Amazon's shipping rates (for non-prime customers). We purposely priced the disc at a very competitive price (i.e. $15.98) to counter balance the international shipping rates.

I'll be in London 8th May through 11th May. I'll have discs with me. If you're hesitant to pay the shipping here, I'll work something out via PayPal, etc. and ship your discs from London.

Best,

Rich

just ordered the DVD-Audio thru BTE's own website (thanks for the tip Marek).. no fuss over email etc. think Music Valet could look into that issue.!?

Are you ordering 1 or 2 discs? Shipping for 1 disc to the UK is $8.44 (so $24.42 total with the disc) and shipping for two discs is $11.48 (so $27.46 with the disc). This is in line with Amazon's shipping rates (for non-prime customers). We purposely priced the disc at a very competitive price (i.e. $15.98) to counter balance the international shipping rates.

I'll be in London 8th May through 11th May. I'll have discs with me. If you're hesitant to pay the shipping here, I'll work something out via PayPal, etc. and ship your discs from London.

Best,

Rich

Thank you Rich, for that kind offer / option of help. Obviously I must have clicked twice ! I'll retry later today....

Odd - I ordered as guest and got it first time. Not sure what's up....

maybe I just have one of those dodgy names or email addresses! haha! :D

seriously the 3 I tried were 2 Hotmails and an Apple/me.com email, so I doubt it could be that, maybe just a glitch I encountered somewhere. anyhow I ordered it direct from the bands' website same price & same shipping as Music Valet.

very excited to hear this one and look forward to many more 5.1 mixes from Music Valet! (y) (y)

I tried the Music Valet website first, but got a message that shipping to The Netherlands was not possible. Ordered from the BTE shop instead without any problem.

Richard, could you have a look at this as well? Perhaps this is nly a start up problem. Thanks for looking into this!

Richard, I tried ordering as well and it only gives a option for 2 dvd(10.97), for sending to Canada.
I would love to get this now but I hate having to pay almost as much for shipping as the cost of the disk so I might wait to order from amazon as can get free shipping from them.
Do you know when this will be available on the Amazon's?

peter

I just placed my order through Music Valet. Shipping was $10.97 to Canada, which seems a bit pricey, but I definitely want to support Rich and this endeavor. I am looking forward to hearing it!

Back