Better Than Ezra - How Does Your Garden Grow? 5.1 DVD-A released 4/27/13

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Wow, I don't know how this could slip under our collective radar, but at least there's no waiting period required this time;)

bte_hdygg_coverart_large.jpg

Watch this teaser for yourself to be turned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8zMm-32F-8 (the full-length 10 min. documentary is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzvHTyNm0I)

And the best thing is that the disc is priced $15.98, at least when ordered straight from the source - http://www.musicvalet.com/products/how-does-your-garden-grow-by-better-than-ezra.

I think we need to invite Richard LaBonté of Music Valet to join QQ.

It costs $8.44 to ship to UK. $24.42 total. I don't know their music, so I may have a listen on Spotify first.

Nice find. I don't know their music, but looked on You tube - I really, really like that. So, I ordered a copy. Thanks for the post man....should be fun.

Wow, I don't know how this could slip under our collective radar, but at least there's no waiting period required this time;)

bte_hdygg_coverart_large.jpg

Watch this teaser for yourself to be turned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8zMm-32F-8 (the full-length 10 min. documentary is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzvHTyNm0I)

And the best thing is that the disc is priced $15.98, at least when ordered straight from the source - http://www.musicvalet.com/products/how-does-your-garden-grow-by-better-than-ezra.

I think we need to invite Richard LaBonté of Music Valet to join QQ.

Did anyone read the "About Music Valet" page on the site? Here's an excerpt:

Music Valet was formed with the primary mission of remixing previously released stereo recordings into the multi-channel 5.1 Surround Sound Audio (SSA) format along with licensing current 5.1 SSA titles for the purpose of marketing/distribution to the owners of cars with the technology to play SSA in their vehicles, along with audiophiles with home theatre systems.

Music Valet is spearheaded by Richard LaBonté, an advertising/marketing veteran whose experience lies both in and beyond the music industry. Richard is also the owner of two Acura vehicles equipped with 5.1 SSA capabilities, which is where the Music Valet idea was born.

"Better Than Ezra" appears to be their first release, but this looks promising.

LOL - yeah. I was trying to figure out how to locate other discs on the site...guess this is their first. Too bad...

Did anyone read the "About Music Valet" page on the site? Here's an excerpt:

Music Valet was formed with the primary mission of remixing previously released stereo recordings into the multi-channel 5.1 Surround Sound Audio (SSA) format along with licensing current 5.1 SSA titles for the purpose of marketing/distribution to the owners of cars with the technology to play SSA in their vehicles, along with audiophiles with home theatre systems.

Music Valet is spearheaded by Richard LaBonté, an advertising/marketing veteran whose experience lies both in and beyond the music industry. Richard is also the owner of two Acura vehicles equipped with 5.1 SSA capabilities, which is where the Music Valet idea was born.

"Better Than Ezra" appears to be their first release, but this looks promising.

Interesting endeavor for the guy who spearheaded this. I'll definitely buy to support the format. Honestly, I've found more music I previously ignored simply because it was available in 5.1 on DVD-Audio. It would be nice if it leads to some other discs. Maybe we should direct Mr. LaBonte towards those unreleased Fleetwood Mac mixes. Maybe he could get them done.

I wish I was in New Orleans today:

jpeg

Based on this e-flyer, the album will also be available from Amazon in May. I'll probably go with the band's website betterthanezra.com, as the S&H for 2 (and possibly more) copies is $10.50 there. Based on the documentary mentioned before, the 5.1 mix was done with engineer Jay Ruston.

You would assume that Richard LaBonte is a viewer on QQ, as the potential of the Acura surround sound has come up a few times already. And now he s having the launch party withreal cars, to demo the system and disc!

Haiku, have you invited Mr. LaBonte? Would be nice if he wants to share his ideas with us.

Thanks for bringing this disc to our attention. :)

Ordered...

Sounds interesting..

Great to have a real surprise for once....

Fingers crossed more comes out...

Music Valet is on Facebook if you guys want to invite them over. https://www.facebook.com/MusicValet

Also saw this on their page:
Music Valet was formed with the primary mission of remixing previously released stereo recordings into the multi-channel 5.1 Surround Sound Audio (SSA) format along with re-releasing out-of-print 5.1 SSA titles.

Seems we have similar goals. Would be great if the mods could invite them over and give them a proper forum to discuss this release.

Has anyone seen any specs on this disc?

I just ordered this as well. Took a look at their 10 minute "making of" documentary. It's a great promotional pitch for 5.1 surround. I do hope Music Valet is aware that we exist and that most of us will eagerly buy whatever they release.

Took a look at their 10 minute "making of" documentary. It's a great promotional pitch for 5.1 surround. I do hope Music Valet is aware that we exist and that most of us will eagerly buy whatever they release.

Agreed this is a great promo and as a recent Acura owner, totally agree, 5.1 sounds so cool in the car, well it sounds great where ever you can listen to 5.1, home is the best but as can't always find proper time to listen at home thats what makes the car such a great experience as most people need to commute to work by car, why not do it in ultimate style listening to albums in 5.1

haikubass, great find on this album, and am impressed that someone else is trying to put 5.1 product out.

I posted at steve hoffman about this album, we should spread the word to other music forums about this album.

peter

I will be telling my buddy about this. He and I are both Porcupine Tree junkies, so it's nice to get some music that is at least amazing in surround.

Damn. I had no idea!

This guy belongs here. I wonder what his deal is?

EDIT - I just ordered it blind. Will report when it arrives.

Great thread, this! I watched the 10 minute "making of" documentary on the Music Valet site, had a quick listen to the (short) samples of the album tracks on last.fm and decided that it was worth a $24 (inc UK shipping) punt to support the project. I look forward with anticipation...

My baby has got one CD from them , and they sound interesting (this too, from the bits I've heard)...
BUT , as always- I'm a party pooper....if this was recorded in 1998, I'm absolutely sure that , unless it was recorded to Multitrack, it was in 48KHz (and let's hope that in at least 24bit...by then it was a standard though), so I'm guessing a 48/24 DVD-A will be fine...interesting....
Nice to see anything new that I might really like...(Sorry, but I don't like Hawkwind... the vocals are ....wrong!)

Kruncher, pooping is what we need before we get to hear the mix:)

However, in the documentary they say (about 6 min. into it) that they got hold of the 24-track tapes and had them transfered to a hard-drive, so 96 kHz is still possible I guess;)

Back