Big Big Train-new vocalist ALBERTO BRAVIN

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Still so sad that David Longdon is no longer here but exciting that band is still going.
I like that Alberto B. says he is a Beatles and Metal fan so will be interesting what future will bring.
Here is the news:

Big Big Train have today announced that they have recruited Alberto Bravin as their new lead vocalist following the tragic death of David Longdon in November last year.

Based in Trieste in Italy, Bravin’s career includes performing with progressive rock legends PFM, singing lead and backing vocals and playing keyboards.

On joining the band Alberto says: “I am extremely honoured to have the opportunity to join Big Big Train. I was already a huge BBT fan and am looking forward to playing my part in taking this great band forward while also honouring the memory of David Longdon.”

Big Big Train founder and bassist Gregory Spawton comments: “Nick D’Virgilio and I had both seen Alberto perform with PFM and were very impressed with his abilities as a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist. We know that David is irreplaceable; we miss him deeply both musically and personally. We wanted someone who could do justice with their own musical skills and personality to the songs that David sang for Big Big Train as well as being able to help to drive the band forwards”.

Big Big Train are also pleased to confirm that their two previously announced UK shows in September 2022 will take place as well as six further shows in the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and France. Keyboardist/vocalist Carly Bryant is unable to join the band for these dates for family reasons but will return as soon as circumstances allow.

Alongside Bravin, D’Virgilio, Spawton and longstanding guitarist Rikard Sjöblom, the Big Big Train line-up for the September 2022 shows will consist of guitarist Dave Foster, violinist/vocalist Clare Lindley, keyboardist Oskar Holldorff and the Big Big Train brass section led by Dave Desmond. Holldorff leads Norwegian band Dim Gray, whose debut album Flown was released to much acclaim last year.

Big Big Train is now truly an international band for the September dates with an American, a Swede, an Italian and a Norwegian on stage alongside the Brits. These shows will see Big Big Train playing material from various stages of their career and also one new song.

BIG BIG TRAIN SEPTEMBER 2022

Friday 2 September – Friars Waterside, Aylesbury, UK
Saturday 3 September – HRH Prog festival, Leeds, UK
Monday 5 September – Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Tuesday 6 September – Harmonie, Bonn, Germany
Wednesday 7 September – Kuz, Mainz, Germany
Thursday 8 September – Frannz Club, Berlin, Germany
Saturday 10 September – Z7, Pratteln (Basel), Switzerland
Sunday 11 September – Café de la Danse, Paris, France

Tickets for the UK shows are on sale now. Tickets for the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and France shows go on sale at 10am UK time on Friday 29 April.

See www.bigbigtrain.com/live for ticket links.

Alberto Bravin
Alberto was born in Trieste, on Italy’s north-eastern border with Slovenia.
His involvement in music began at the age of three when he started taking piano lessons. Later on he developed an interest in electronic keyboards and synthesizers and this paved the way for his love of progressive rock music.
At the age of 17, Alberto began studying opera singing at the Trieste Conservatory and after a couple of years he moved to London where he graduated in modern singing. Alongside his singing and piano playing, Alberto is also a self-taught guitarist, bassist and drummer.
After his studies in London, Alberto returned to Trieste where he opened his own recording studios (Echoes Recording Studios) and released two albums (Sinestesia and The Day After Flower) with his band Sinestesia (featuring Alberto, Roby De Micheli, Alessandro Sala and Paolo Marchesich of Rhapsody Of Fire). Both albums were produced by Franz Di Cioccio of Italian progressive rock legends PFM - Premiata Forneria Marconi. Alberto also recorded and mixed Rhapsody Of Fire's eleventh album, 2016’s Into The Legend.
In 2015 Alberto joined PFM (alongside Marco Sfogli) as a singer and additional guitarist and keyboard player. With PFM he played around 200 shows, both in Italy and worldwide, and released two albums (2017’s Emotional Tattoos and 2021’s I Dreamed Of Electric Sheep).
Alberto is a Beatles fanatic, and at the same time a progressive rock and metal aficionado.

and this short video:

Was going to see them on Sept 2nd but had to cancel due to events beyond my control.

Still sounding great!! With their new vocalist Alberto Bravin.

Last edited:
Back