BluRay Music Video Poll Big Big Train - REFLECTORS OF LIGHT [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Big Big Train - REFLECTORS OF LIGHT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Never heard of BBT before, but wow! Easy 10. As far as live 5.1 mixes go, this is up there with the best of 'em - horns, strings, and backing vocals are generally isolated in the rears, with the rhythm section in the fronts and lead vocal in the center channel. Even the audience mic's seem to be placed discretely around the room, so you simultaneously feel as if you're in the audience AND in the center of the band. Definitely not one for the purists :)

I really like the music as well - I'm hearing elements of Genesis, Jethro Tull, and XTC in these guys. Standout tracks so far are "Folklore", "Brave Captain", "London Plane", and "Victorian Brickwork".

"Brave Captain":
Brave Captain.jpg

"London Plane":
London Plane.jpg

Never heard of BBT before, but wow! Easy 10. As far as live 5.1 mixes go, this is up there with the best of 'em - horns, strings, and backing vocals are generally isolated in the rears, with the rhythm section in the fronts and lead vocal in the center channel. Even the audience mic's seem to be placed discretely around the room, so you simultaneously feel as if you're in the audience AND in the center of the band. Definitely not one for the purists :)

I really like the music as well - I'm hearing elements of Genesis, Jethro Tull, and XTC in these guys. Standout tracks so far are "Folklore", "Brave Captain", "London Plane", and "Victorian Brickwork".

"Brave Captain":
View attachment 46773

"London Plane":
View attachment 46774

Stone and Steel
is just as good. Mostly different track list. Do you have that one?

"Brave Captain":
View attachment 46773

"London Plane":
View attachment 46774
Glad you loved it, Jonathan. I can’t say enough good things about this release. Every QQ surround enthusiast deserves a copy in their collection.

I've heard a rip, but I'd like to get my hands on the real thing someday - it seems to have become quite the collector's item.

I sold my mint copy of Stone & Steel last year when I was down and out after loosing my job. :(
Hopefully, it was someone here who bought it...but since it was ebay........ makes me sick now thinking about it.

I sold my mint copy of Stone & Steel last year when I was down and out after loosing my job. :(
Hopefully, it was someone here who bought it...but since it was ebay........ makes me sick now thinking about it.
That really sucks, Gene. So glad you have a good job again with the discretionary funds to spend on this great hobby of ours!

Just added BBT's Reflectors of Light [$25.31 delivered from AmazonUK] and the UHD4K BDs of John Carpenter's THE FOG and the UHD4K remaster of EASY RIDER [2 for £30 promotion].

Back