BluRay Music Video Poll Big Big Train - SUMMER SHALL NOT FADE [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Big Big Train - SUMMER SHALL NOT FADE

• 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2022 live release from Big Big Train entitled "Summer Shall Not Fade".
Filmed at Loreley In July 2018, the audio was mixed by Rob Aubrey in 5.1 surround.

(y) :) (n)

big-big-train_summer-shall-not-fade_2cd_blu-ray.jpeg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/more-big-big-train-surround-in-progress.28465/page-4

A definite 10 from me (y). Excellent gig, video, fidelity and surround mix. Lots of good use of rear speakers, another great Big Big Train surround mix to add to their others. On first watch/listen I would say this is their best mix to date.

A reminder of the sad loss of David Longdon :cry:. His recently released posthumous solo album is also excellent and worth a purchase.

BBT has spoiled us with three live blu-rays over the last years. The first one, Stone and Steel, was my entrance to the band but I love them all.

This new one manage to top them all, so it has to be a 10. Excellent audio and picture quality and the 5.1-mix is really enveloping you in a good way. The outdoor arena gives you a real live feel, daylight in the beginning that slowly turns into dark. Also, I think that the band "lets loose" more than I've seen them do in the former blurays.

I'm slightly biased as a long term BBT fan, and lucky enough to see them live the year before this was recorded, but this is a fantastic concert with an outstanding audio mix. Having a bigger stage to perform on certainly benefited the band, and I particularly liked how Rob Aubrey had highlighted Rachel's violin solos and Dave Gregory's guitar solos to the centre of what is a very well balanced mix, especially considering how many instruments were being played. I would have liked Greg's bass pedals to have been just a touch more prominent on the 5.1 mix but a quick subwoofer adjustment saw to that (the 2.0 mix was fine) - this could just be my system. No reason to score it anything other than a 10 though.

Great 5.1 mix and visuals. The music is excellent, but the setlist is very similar to Reflections of Light except for 4 songs. 10 for me

A resounding 10.
Life in Surround Review and Tribute to David Longdon

Nice review, Mike, and a good pick for your first review in 2023. I have watched and listened to this many times since release and it is getting better each time - it is out of the world good on all levels. It does challenge, but do not surpass, my all time favorite concert 5.1-release - Porcupine Tree's Arriving Somewhere...

Not entirely sure where to put this but, Greg has heavily suggested that BBT 5.1 Studio will be out this yr, a follow up f/b post someone suggested Paul's SDE route to get it out on physical rather than as Greg suggests d/l.
Here's what Greg said
"yes, we are expecting to release some studio songs in 5.1 (hopefully this year). However, these may be distributed online through https://immersiveaudioalbum.com rather than through physical discs."

Not entirely sure where to put this but, Greg has heavily suggested that BBT 5.1 Studio will be out this yr, a follow up f/b post someone suggested Paul's SDE route to get it out on physical rather than as Greg suggests d/l.
Here's what Greg said
"yes, we are expecting to release some studio songs in 5.1 (hopefully this year). However, these may be distributed online through https://immersiveaudioalbum.com rather than through physical discs."
That would be most welcome

That would be most welcome
I guess I can say that I've been exchanging emails with the band's management for a while now. Last we spoke, they definitely seemed keen on making the out-of-print live releases (Stone & Steel, Reflectors Of Light) available as downloads on IAA at some point in the near-future. This is the first I've heard of anything beyond that.

Here's what Greg said
The follow up post was me! Although I suggested a route similar to the SDE one, rather than necessarily through SDE.

I also referred Greg ( founder and bass player) to this forum and Mike's recent review on Life in Surround in another post in the same thread....the band are very approachable via Facebook so we'll see if anything happens.

I also referred Greg ( founder and bass player) to this forum and Mike's recent review on Life in Surround in another post in the same thread....the band are very approachable via Facebook so we'll see if anything happens.
Good on ya! Greg certainly seems like a very nice chap in interviews and on Facebook.

Back