BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love that as much as the next guy, but given that the Beck HFPA Blu Ray was sourced from the SACD master, and the track listing above references the SACD multi-channel mix, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Imagine - John Lennon Apple 5347522 due on 12/16/13
imagine_lennon_hfpa.jpg

If anyone posted this previously in this thread, I must have missed it.

I have never been happy with the audio quality on the SACDs, but I read somewhere that some of the 'poor' sound was due to the mixing desk limiters/compressors on the multi-track re-mix. A lot of recordings are done in PCM and converted to DSD for SACD, so perhaps we might be lucky and get a better version this time. :)
i found that last box (Gabriel's era) doesn't sound too bad. perhaps worst of all the sound on 1983 (Mama) but i guess giving the year it was recorded,
they did it on digital console with all of worst outcomes of the early digital technologies.
albeit i have all on SACDs, except last one, i might consider re-purchase again on BD-As if they will use original PCM streams.

I'd love that as much as the next guy, but given that the Beck HFPA Blu Ray was sourced from the SACD master, and the track listing above references the SACD multi-channel mix, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
i never heard this one. is there on DVD-A or SACD any info how it was recorded and mixed?

i found that last box (Gabriel's era) doesn't sound too bad. perhaps worst of all the sound on 1983 (Mama) but i guess giving the year it was recorded,
they did it on digital console with all of worst outcomes of the early digital technologies.
albeit i have all on SACDs, except last one, i might consider re-purchase again on BD-As if they will use original PCM streams.

The last box (Gabriel-Era) is the best one. But they are mixed too bright.
I bet the Blu-Ray will have the same mix as the SACD 5.1 mix.
So I don't buy it.
Universal is not willing to investigate in a new mix.
They warm up the same sauce we ate before.
And I will not play the game.
I've spent thousands of Euros in music and decided to pay only for new messages.
Sometimes I really hate the evolution of the business!

Where is my Royal Scam and my Pretzel????

Original mix on the Lennon. Not the remix that was used on the MFSL (which I never bought). Wasn't there a 5.1 mix of this on DVD?

Original mix on the Lennon. Not the remix that was used on the MFSL (which I never bought). Wasn't there a 5.1 mix of this on DVD?

The Lennon Legend DVD is in DTS 5.1 and the mixes are excellent - there are a few tracks from Imagine, but not the whole album.

The Gimme Some Truth dvd is also in 5.1[it has the whole imagine album in Dolby Digital 5.1].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back