BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT sleuthing Odys! (y)

HMV have also added blu-ray audio's for Supertramp's "Crime Of The Century" and Beck's "Sea Change" to be released September 13th too!

Ooohhh - Crime of The Century in 5.1 Yes - Please Please Please.....!!!:worthy

if only..!! it'll probably be stereo (all bar possibly the Beck Sea Change from the latest batch will be 2.0 I reckon) but the Brekkie in America BDA isn't half bad so I'll be pre-ordering this as soon as it goes up on one of the usual vendors' sites.

just remembered Universal's Euro CEO making reference to GNR.. I reckon "Appetite For Destruction" will be out on HFPA BDA before the year's out too.

even if "only stereo" I can see me buying a whole slew of these.. I'm in for Lionel, Marvin, Amy, Nirvana, Queen & Crime of the Century at the very least.

I hoped there'd be more Supertramp on BDA after the BiA.. and here comes CofTC!! More Stevie and Marvin next please! (Talking Book, Innervisions, I Want You & Here, My Dear will do me nicely!).

Innervisions should be a winner. I have the MoFi Gold CD, which sounds great. The SHM-SACD sounds even better.

Jesus Children of America (club remix): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG8j3WxHdhQ

You better tell your story fast...

I hoped there'd be more Supertramp on BDA after the BiA.. and here comes CofTC!! More Stevie and Marvin next please! (Talking Book, Innervisions, I Want You & Here, My Dear will do me nicely!).

GREAT sleuthing Odys! (y)

HMV have also added blu-ray audio's for Supertramp's "Crime Of The Century" and Beck's "Sea Change" to be released September 13th too!

I have 4 Sea Change SACDs I was hoping to sell for big money. So, that sort of sucks.

More Please Please here too. Although I'll buy this if its only 2.0 and gets good reviews. I haven't heard a CD version that beats the original vinyl - and I no longer have that record.

Actually I'm going to hold back on any purchases of 'Pure Audio' stereo only discs until reviews force my hand.

The MoFi 1/2 speed LP is INCREDIBLE. The Gold CD is pretty good, too.

1/2 speed LP:
41L8STO6RFL.jpg

Gold CD:
11087735.jpg

More Please Please here too. Although I'll buy this if its only 2.0 and gets good reviews. I haven't heard a CD version that beats the original vinyl - and I no longer have that record.

Actually I'm going to hold back on any purchases of 'Pure Audio' stereo only discs until reviews force my hand.

I have 4 Sea Change SACDs I was hoping to sell for big money. So, that sort of sucks.

"you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.." :eek:

the new blu-ray may be a.) only 2.0 with no 5.1, b.) sound like a pile of shit... so your investment of SACDs could well be safe!

Sea Change is a shimmeringly-beautiful Ellliot Scheiner 5.1 mix, but mine is a 2003 DVD-A. Did it come out on SACD too? If that sounds as good as the DVD-A, you will at least not need to buy it again on BD-A.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

This seems like such a blown opportunity for the 100th time without the Quadraphonic mix on there. The Quad mix is one of the greatest "holy grail" must have recordings ever produced IMHO, also because of the songs and performances here. Nevertheless! Stereo or Multichannel let's hope these releases are successful and will lead to more great things.

We have to start somewhere and this will introduce folks to High Resolution music like never before. So, let's hope these releases are successful and folks buy them in droves. Will make great Christmas/Birthday presents. Now that BR players are inexpensive and everywhere, there are no more excuses for folks not to be able to hear great uncompressed music. And if there are Multichannel mixes on these titles as well, could open up new markets for listening to music.

I don't think it's that at all. There are many who enjoy pop music. It's a minority that view pop as "not music" or at least that's how I view it. My tastes in music are due to education, and understanding of it. Music to me is something that does not repeat the same lines over and over, or use of 3 chords, and studio/production corrections. I enjoy jazz/classical/progressive/ stuff with substance. Country has become the new rock in my opinion, here anyway. Very popular in the US. In fact, in my area there is only one progressive radio outlet and it's public radio, operated by Syracuse University, where I was first exposed to stuff like RTF and more. Locally all there is-is pop-country-and classic rock radio. The statement I made was from my point of view.
Brittney Spears is one of America's "molded" performers. Like many-there to make record companies rich, and there are many like her. To me popular is not a reason to listen..

The odd thing is that you disagree with my observation about Americans (often) being down on pop music, but then go on to express exactly the kind of dismissive opinion I was talking about. There are of course plenty of truly awful, shallow worthless pop artists and records - the bulk of any genre is rubbish, from which the rare gems gleam - but to dismiss the entire form as simplistic, repetitive and without substance, inherently inferior to prog/jazz and beneath the taste of someone who has education is.... well, you're making my point about American attitudes very clearly.

I would argue that the best of pop is high art at least on a par with anything that jazz or prog has produced. I would also insist that the studio today is an instrument every bit as important as the piano was in Mozart's day, without which there would be no reason for this forum.

OK, so they're re-issuiing Queen - ANATO on 5.1 blu now...
Another run from the dead dogs files.
Cool to see the 5.1 but can we get some unreleased stuff? :)
Nirvana - Nevermind is coming too but 5.1 or just stereo?
(I would get the stereo anyway just for the hi-res as I did for the Supertramp & Bob Marley.)

Addition: Rollling Stones - Exile & Beck - Sea Change added.
Releases set for 09-04-13
Stones more than likely stereo but hopefully Beck will be 5.1

Last edited:
Nirvana - Nevermind is coming too but 5.1 or just stereo?

seems folks at UMG got a message from surround supporters. in announcement about ANATO they emphasized
availability of 5.1 mix on upcoming BD-A. if Nirvana has 5.1 as well, they definitely wouldn't forgot to mention this.
Supertramp's COTC is also great choice. too bad label not invested in 5.1 remix of such big album. they surely would
gain big return on such expenditure as it would be even bigger seller, than ANATO

Be careful not to buy from CDJapan. They are quite a bit cheaper on hmv.co.jp

Sorry if it's been asked before. Is there a list of surround Universal pure audio releases? If not so then is someone gonna create it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back