BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might cancel these Amazon UK pre-orders and just buy them from FNAC (like I was going to months ago...!!) :mad:@: :mad: :flame

Fred,

I would appreciate it if you see the stones exile, supertramp crime, marvin gaye and lionel ritchies blu rays show up on amazon uk. let me know. thanks.

i should get my layla today from the uk and i'm counting the days til bob marley is available. i did the marley tour in jamacia mon. he grew up in incredible poverty. did you know he worked for a kosher caterer in NYC to help support the band back in jamaica

I have the Marley pre ordered for Sept.

speaking of the announcement of the Amy Winehouse upcoming release. yes its not my cup of tea , but at least we are seeing new titles come out. wheather 5.1 which i would prefer or just luddite stereo, at least UMG is doing it. there are about 55 tititles now. i just waiting til i can also order them thru amazon us and not amazon uk.

I reckon if this HFPA programme were from Universal USA they'd be out already, we'd have more info on what's on the discs (sources & mastering etc), there wouldn't be all this pre-order fiasco, plus there'd probably be more classic rock and maybe even more 5.1... DAMMIT!!! :(

Fred,

I would appreciate it if you see the stones exile, supertramp crime, marvin gaye and lionel ritchies blu rays show up on amazon uk. let me know. thanks.

i should get my layla today from the uk and i'm counting the days til bob marley is available. i did the marley tour in jamacia mon. he grew up in incredible poverty. did you know he worked for a kosher caterer in NYC to help support the band back in jamaica

yeah mon! will do Jason (y)

BM's GH's ain't called "Legend" for nuthin'! still one of the best hits compilations I've ever heard :D

Facebook anouncement:

Following on from the success of Breakfast in America, we're really pleased to announce CRIME OF THE CENTURY by SUPERTRAMP will be included in the next release schedule for High Fidelity Pure Audio. It sounds AMAZING.

Facebook anouncement:

Following on from the success of Breakfast in America, we're really pleased to announce CRIME OF THE CENTURY by SUPERTRAMP will be included in the next release schedule for High Fidelity Pure Audio. It sounds AMAZING.

I hope it lives up to the hype (the Brekkie in A blu-ray is very good) my old A&M Master Series CD of "Crime" sounds pretty amazing already! :p

I hope it lives up to the hype (the Brekkie in A blu-ray is very good) my old A&M Master Series CD of "Crime" sounds pretty amazing already! :p

I have the remastered crime of the century, it sounds great. But I think the blu ray will sound even better based on the differences i heard between the blu ray breakfast and my remastered redbook cd of breakfast.

now I want gordon lightfoot, the guess who, joni mitchell, bruce cockburn in our canadian salute

So, for those of you in the USA, may I ask where the best deal can be had on these? I've held off up til now, but am interested in the Supertramp, Amy Winehouse, and Bob Marley titles. Thanks for your help :)

So, for those of you in the USA, may I ask where the best deal can be had on these? I've held off up til now, but am interested in the Supertramp, Amy Winehouse, and Bob Marley titles. Thanks for your help :)

amazon-or acoustic sounds. I really would not know who else would even carry them.intresing question, amazon just started collecing NY state sales tax, I bought my 103 direct from Oppo, they are in California and have no business collecting another state's taxes. besides they don't have those titles-yet.

amazon-or acoustic sounds. I really would not know who else would even carry them.intresing question, amazon just started collecing NY state sales tax, I bought my 103 direct from Oppo, they are in California and have no business collecting another state's taxes. besides they don't have those titles-yet.

Wow. Didn't know Oppo charged sales tax for out of state customers. Did you know about the tax when you ordered it or did they sneak it in later?

Another reason to buy from Crutchfield.

Bearing in mind the earlier post here about compression on the Bob Marley 'Legend' BD-A, have many of you bought this disc and, if so, how good or bad does it sound?

Since Amazon UK had this for only 9.75 GBP + 3.08 GBP shipped to the U.S. , I pre-ordered a copy. Should be here next month and based on Fred's observations, I'm glad I did...

Latest from the Facebook HFPA page:

With regards to numerous requests for 5.1 mixes, we are fully aware there is a demand for this. However, HFPA is to give you the pure audio, to take you as close to the studio as possible. It is extremely rare for an artist to record in 5.1 as opposed to stereo. Our main aim is to offer you audio as the artist intended. Where we can, we will of course offer 5.1 - however, please appreciate that due to the complexity and status of artists involved, this isn't always possible. We have plenty of long term goals and visions for this format and with your support we hope we can realise them! I hope you appreciate our honesty and thanks for your continued support. The HFPA team.

have you ever heard such a crock of shit?!? :mad:

honesty?? honesty would be saying "we can't be bothered" or "we aren't prepared to spend money on 5.1 mixes", not this load of marketing babble PHOOEY!!!! :flame

recordings in 5.1 are rare, remixes aren't!! between us lot on QQ we've thousands of them and we'd have thousands more if it wasn't for this kind of nonsense!!!!

just to add, i responded - "you're aware of the demand for 5.1 yet you won't supply 5.1 mixes. brilliant." :mad:@:

Let's get real, if they provide an advanced res. 5.1 mix, it's unlikely you'll buy another copy. If they only do 2 ch, you will buy another. The series should be called Pure Profit.

i had similar impression but not anymore.
seems everything in the world changes so fast, including technology, values, market.
i don't think that their intention is to cash on more in the second round.
most likely there won't be second round. also there are artists, who barely known to majority
of new generation. 'till the second round there will remain, who know or willing to listen those, even less.

Just gotta say I'm THRILLED to see so many QQ members commenting with fantastic contributions to the HFPA Facebook page with regards to the 5.1 situation!

You guys ROCK!

Lets keep up with this full-on barrage until they DO SOMETHING about it and give us new or previously unreleased 5.1 mixes on HFPA!! (y)

meantime, if/when the likes of Warner/EMI finally do jump on this HFPA bandwagon (as has been suggested) I firmly believe they will release 5.1 mixes and it may take the sales success of those titles for Universal to sit up and take notice and get some 5.1 out themselves.

ps. As I mentioned on the HFPA Facebook page, the HFPA page was setup and is maintained by a 3rd party, so we're reliant on this information & feedback we're giving getting back to Universal from this agency.

I did email Olivier Robert-Murphy, who unfortunately chose to ignore my perfectly polite enquiry re:the future for 5.1 on HFPA.. and knowing how he feels about 5.1 music, I don't expect much.

"You've got to give the people.. give the people what they want" The O'Jays

I did email Olivier Robert-Murphy, who unfortunately chose to ignore my perfectly polite enquiry re:the future for 5.1 on HFPA.. and knowing how he feels about 5.1 music, I don't expect much.

this guy will never understand what is surround means either he didn't understand the consumer.

As I heard the interview with him he choose the medium because a friend of him had a pressing factory and he has the Music. Both are in Business ...everything is fine. Don't bother the capacity on BD ..put 3 different 2.0 Mixes on and sell them.

And now the consumers (already aware of the movies with a DTS-HD Master on their BD-Player with soundbars/home cinema) asking for music in 5.1 their given some hardly believable explanations for not taken that into account. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back