Bill Nelson’s Red Noise: Art/Empire/Industry – The Complete Red Noise Box Set (5.1 surround mix of "Sound on Sound")

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean has Amazon / importcds.com - received new current stock that is not defective so I can order from them without having the hassle of exchanging defective discs to Cherry Red.

Reactions: PK
Mine arrived today in Canada, 12 days after they were mailed. Fast IMO
And they are in dreadful condition despite being in individually sealed sleeves.
A thick haze over 1/2 of the playing surface and 3 or 4 significant blemishes.
Waiting to hear back from CR on the next step.

• Sad
Reactions: PK
Thanks for this. I had contacted Burning Shed directly, as that is where I purchased the box. Burning Shed was fantastic. Once I sent them a video showing how the discs vibrated in the player, they sent me replacement discs right away. I received them yesterday and, sadly, they also vibrate in the player. I have now sent the email directly to Esoteric. Here's hoping they can fix the problem.
Further to my comment above, I never did hear from Esoteric. So, I wrote back to Burning Shed, and this time explained that there were supposedly replacement discs coming from Esoteric. A couple weeks passed and they told me replacement discs were once again being mailed. I received them today, and again, sadly, the same vibration issue is present. It begs the question “was there a repress”? If so, did someone screw up and just send me the same faulty discs again? It’s too bad that you can’t tell the difference with the repressed discs (if they even repressed them). I now have 3 copies of discs 4 and 5, and they ALL vibrate. They all have the same catalogue number and matrix/runout on the disc. Now what???

Further to my comment above, I never did hear from Esoteric. So, I wrote back to Burning Shed, and this time explained that there were supposedly replacement discs coming from Esoteric. A couple weeks passed and they told me replacement discs were once again being mailed. I received them today, and again, sadly, the same vibration issue is present. It begs the question “was there a repress”? If so, did someone screw up and just send me the same faulty discs again? It’s too bad that you can’t tell the difference with the repressed discs (if they even repressed them). I now have 3 copies of discs 4 and 5, and they ALL vibrate. They all have the same catalogue number and matrix/runout on the disc. Now what???

I had the same silent treatment from esoteric. Unimpressive. But have a quick read back of this thread for the cherry red address and email them asking for the repressed dvds. Send a scan of your proof of purchase. They responded to me and sent them the same day.
Sorry but I'm on a phone or I'd seek out the address in this stream for you! They will help you I'm sure.

I had the same silent treatment from esoteric. Unimpressive. But have a quick read back of this thread for the cherry red address and email them asking for the repressed dvds. Send a scan of your proof of purchase. They responded to me and sent them the same day.
Sorry but I'm on a phone or I'd seek out the address in this stream for you! They will help you I'm sure.
OK, I will find the address and give it a try. Thanks so much for the tip!

When I originally wrote to Cherry Red, I had asked if the replacements were from a repress, and they confirmed they were. (See this post.) The replacements I then got from them were fine. I would not expect that replacements sent from sellers would be from this repressed batch (at least not yet).

When I originally wrote to Cherry Red, I had asked if the replacements were from a repress, and they confirmed they were. (See this post.) The replacements I then got from them were fine. I would not expect that replacements sent from sellers would be from this repressed batch (at least not yet).
OK, thanks for the info. I have emailed Cherry Red, hopefully they can help.

Back