DVD/DTS Poll Bill Nelson's Red Noise - ART/EMPIRE/INDUSTRY [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Bill Nelson's Red Noise - ART/EMPIRE/INDUSTRY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new box set from Esoteric Recordings entitled "Art/Empire/Industry - The Complete Red Noise."
Featuring the entire "Sound on Sound" album and 6 additional tracks remixed in 5.1 surround by @Stephen W Tayler

(y):)(n)

RED-NOISE-Art.jpg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ix-of-sound-on-sound.32518/page-3#post-644733

well , WHAT ELSE am I going to give this boxset besides a 10?
Top notch MCH mix and extras...
The Music is a definite acquired tase if you come from BeBopDeluxe, a truly 80s music album from 1979, definitely ahead of his time and ballsy to depart from his "Formula".

I am definitely biased cause I love most everything Maestro Bill releases, except for his "vocal" CDs from his last couple decades, I favor his Instrumental ones and have a TON of his later releases on CD which were pressed on very small numbers and some are worth SILLY MONEY now...

anyway, this is an awesome album...my take , which I state tongue in cheek is that this is "smart new wave on devil's dandruff", which was a bit of the norm back then, so no offense...
I am positive a LOT of then NEW WAVE acts listened to this and followed the lead...

Fantastic mix but dodgy DVD.
I do believe Steven W Taylor is now a fully fledged grade A surround mixer, each one seems to be better than the last.
The mix uses the surround speakers very well and super tasteful and properly in tune with the music.
The music is top grade new wave and very reminiscent of XTC's first two albums which I dream one day will make their surround bow.

Great album and nice box set packed full of interesting stuff. The demos are super.

My replacement DVDs have arrived and now I feel I can in all honesty give this terrific boxset with its wonderful SWT audio mixes, a big fat ten. Loved the album when it first came out, love it even more now.

Last edited:
I finally got my replacement discs from Cherry Red - now I feel like I can vote. It’s a 10! The surround mix is stunning, great use of the rear speakers (in fact, great use of ALL speakers - it’s a very creative mix). With some of the duds out there, it is a real pleasure to hear a fantastic mix. The package is very nicely done as well, and is in keeping with the Be Bop sets and a very worthy addition. Musically, he was definitely moving forward, but still had that proggy, adventurous sensibility.

This was a more-or-less blind buy, and... oh goodness, this stuff is fantastic. Right up my alley. Plus a fantastic surround mix.10/10

How would you even describe this music? Prog-avant-garde-postpunk?

Back