Billboard August 9 1975

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadtrade

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I got hold of the billboard 8-9-1975 and will post some scans, I thought this was interesting. Not sure what it really about.Perhaps new titles??? But some titles are sure interesting.

billboard q product (2).jpeg

Was ZZ Top - Fandango ever officially released? I came a cross an old post on SHF where a member posted "Fandango is pretty hard to come by on a quad reel." Is there a quad reel out in existence?
Now there would be a nice Rhino Quadio twofer Tres Hombres and Fandango!

Online:

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Billboard/70s/1975/Billboard 1975-08-09.pdf
Also easy to copy paste

On the current charts, the Eagles No. 1 hit has three other of the group's Asylum Quadradiscs and Q8 tapes on the Top 200, followed by the Doobie Brothers with three Warner Bros. disks /tapes and Bachman -Turner Overdrive with three Q -8 cartridges on Mercury/Phonogram. ZZ Top has a pair of Q -8 London tapes and America has two WB Quadradiscs /tapes.

Last edited:
Jon shared some scans from Harrison Tape Guide that lists the Fandango QR. 🤔
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...the-q4-section.6905/#lg=attachment735&slide=0

I'm pretty certain that's a goof; it says title is 'Fandango Is Here' and the $7.98 is for a Q8, which we expected but never saw. (especially the last half of) 1975 was a heartbreak year of quad interrupted.

EDIT: The Harrison page also omitted the Q8 tape for Synergy - Electronic Realizations For Rock Orchestra (had one), showing the QS vinyl only.

Last edited:
Any ideas on the ''quiet quads''? Back in England when I was a record store manager I was told, and actually had, ''Experience'' Gloria Gaynor in QS... Not a white label but a retail album

I had no idea any NY stations, other than WQIV, we're broadcasting in quad. (I guess because the others were all classical and jazz, which I didn't listen to.).

I heard a recording not too long ago when classical WNCN changed format to progressive rock and went quad. The recording of the announcer clearly said that they were using the QS format. Maybe they switched?

Back