Music DVD Poll Birtles, Shorrock, Goble - FULL CIRCLE / (Little River Band)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD of Birtles, Shorrock, Goble - FULL CIRCLE

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD from Capitol Records, which is essentially a live album of Little River Band music, including all of their popular hits from around the world, played and sung by the original members of the band, who are no longer allowed to tour using the name "Little River Band", which to me is totally bizarre.

This 2003 release concert DVD has a whopping 30 tunes (listed below), comes with a booklet with all of the lyrics to the songs being performed.

"We are not the Little River Band, but we sure bloody well sound like it!"

1. Full Circle
2. It's a Long Way There
3. Man on Your Mind
4. Curiosity Killed the Cat
5. Days on the Road
6. Everyday of My Life
7. Face in the Crowd
8. Photogenic
9. Happy Anniversary
10. Take it Easy on Me
11. Soul Seaching
12. Prelude in A Minor
13. Mistress of Mine
14. Lady
15. Heart & Soul
16. The Night Owls
17. The Other Guys
18. Seine City
19. I'll Always Call Your Name
20. Home on Monday
21. Deep Water
22. The Engine Room
23. In the City
24. Reminiscing
25. Parallel Lines
26. It's Cold Out Tonight
27. Help is On It's Way
28. Cool Change
29. Lonesome Loser
30. Just Say That You Love Me

The DVD includes a DTS and DD 5.1 audio track

LRB DVD 3.jpg

Had never seen (or noticed) this DVD. Here is a clip:

If this all of their material had risen to the level of this one song I would be a huge fan. I liked a couple of other tracks, but they went a bit too pop for my tastes. That said, if the surround mix is good to great I might go for this. Please comment!

I did an upmix for my car of the Little River Band's Greatest Hits CD and was really remembering how much I liked many of the tunes. Then, thanks to QQ Member @Steve Schoultz, I found out about this DVD and instantly ordered it.

Holy crap, the story behind what happened to these artists is just pathetic, another story of talent being fucked over by lawyers and the mighty industry dollar. Anyway, this DVD has incredible performances of these tunes. These guys sound amazing. The guitar work is great to watch. I can't believe I did not seek out this disc 17 years ago.

The performances are heart warming and the band is incredibly good. Their voices here sound almost exactly as they do on the old LPs! It's joy to watch, especially if you know the songs, and with 30 songs to choose from it's a sure thing that you know some of them, as there are a lot of Top 40 hits on the set list.

The surround is pretty much a concert deal, most of the info is in the fronts, but I haven't really listened to the tracks on my PC searching for the nuances of the mix, but I will eventually.

I would just say that if you like any of these tunes, get this disc. You will not be disappointed.
And again, thanks @Steve Schoultz

I really enjoyed the performance of "It's A Long Way There." How did the upmix come out?

If there was a disc of upmix great hits and this was on it I would be all in!

I did an upmix for my car of the Little River Band's Greatest Hits CD and was really remembering how much I liked many of the tunes. Then, thanks to QQ Member @Steve Schoultz, I found out about this DVD and instantly ordered it.

Holy crap, the story behind what happened to these artists is just pathetic, another story of talent being fucked over by the mighty industry dollar. Anyway, this DVD has incredible performances of these tunes. These guys sound amazing. The guitar work is great to watch. I can't believe I did not seek out this disc 17 years ago.

The performances are heart warming and the band is incredibly good. Their voices here sound almost exactly as they do on the old LPs! It's joy to watch, especially if you know the songs, and with 30 songs to choose from it's a sure thing that you know some of them, as there are a lot of Top 40 hits on the set list.

The surround is pretty much a concert deal, most of the info is in the fronts, but I haven't really listened to the tracks on my PC searching for the nuances of the mix, but I will eventually.

I would just say that if you like any of these tunes, get this disc. You will not be disappointed.
And again, thanks @Steve Schoultz
Glad you enjoyed the DVD Jon! It really is great for us older guys to relive all those hits from our youth!

Its funny a few weeks ago I was listening to Planet Rock (UK station) and heard "It's Along Way There" realised I forgotten all about the Little River Band so ordered the

1588884030521.png
(I prefer ordering albums rather than collections, but...), then this thread appears!

Glad you enjoyed the DVD Jon! It really is great for us older guys to relive all those hits from our youth!

I hear you. I was just astonished at how these guys preformed and sang the songs I knew from their time as they sounded so close to their recorded versions. I would have never even thought about this DVD if it were not for your suggestion and recommendation.

Back