HiRez Poll Bjork - MEDULLA [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Bjork - MEDULLA

• Total voters
The printing has the same look as duplication I have purchased, for an inde album.
I have seen and used CD-R that is gold colored. Not sure wth is going on though! It will be interesting to see what the seller says.

I think the seller was given a bad disc. I've been buying from them for years and I've always had great customer service and quality product. I've bought this very title on SACD from them and my copy is the real McCoy.

Here's what was sent to me - correct packaging, incorrect disc:

medulla-cd.jpg

Looks fake. Here's the japanese version wich btw, includes one bonus track (Komid) in the 3 layers (CD, stereo SACD and multichannel SACD).image.jpg

Here's what was sent to me - correct packaging, incorrect disc:

medulla-cd.jpg

Is there any matrix laser etching on the inner ring of the disc?

discogs said:
CDr - no pressing number, no CD manufacturer, no barcode in the CD matrix. Contains a CDr type number (often containing the length "74" or "80"), which is mostly hard to read, and often a serial number printed on the transparent inner ring.

CD - usually contains a pressing number (which sometimes includes the catalog# of the release), a barcode and the name/logo of the CD manufacturer. Since 1994, most CDs have two so-called "SID codes", one in the CD matrix with the pattern "IFPI Lxxx", and another one etched in the transparent inner ring with the pattern "IFPI xxxx", which is mostly hard to read.

https://www.discogs.com/help/submission-guidelines-release-format.html#CD_Matrix

https://www.discogs.com/Björk-Medúlla/release/828785

Label Code: LC00309
Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): VS214-L1 986 759-1
Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI LQ42
Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1Y70
Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 1Y76

How do you start with a review on Bjork?
Is she Bonkers?
Is she a complete one off?
Is this what the people of Iceland get up to?
Is this music?
Does anyone understand her?

This release is purely voices with occasional instruments, composed into various forms of 'singing'.
I'll give her this, she surely likes to push boundaries.
There is a very good surround mix.
But she is very much like Marmite.
My own view is that I find it just a little too strange to fully get into.

If I was to give a score for the mix it would be a 10
Sorry Bjork fans I just can't give any higher than a 7 overall, as it's just too weird, even for me!!

Back