Black Friday 2021 - What did ya buy & what sales are ya watching? Post mega sale bargains too if ya see them....

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Snood

Staff member
Snood took advantage of the Amazon BUY 2 GET 1 FREE campaign for some BOXSETS - Yep box sets are there too including, KISS and Beatles and Stones

I Bought the LET IT BE Vinyl Big Box and the LET IT BE 5.1 cd/bluray along with the ROLLING STONES - TATTOO YOU boxsets - got the LET IT BE 5.1 for freeeeeeee, plus had 33 dollars in BING points me redeemed. So saved about 150 plus with tax. :LB

Day later Snood noticed THE WHO SELL OUT Box me had my eye on for awhile drop to 79 on Amazon - so bit on that

Target is doing the buy 2 get 1 free also......there are a couple boxes they included that Amazon did not like THE WHO and the new BEACH BOYS box set - but they are sold out so could not bundle those. 70 on THE WHO SELL OUT is not bad though.

4K discs hmmm bought a few for about 9.99

Godzilla VS King Kong (famous for blowing out Snood cheap old sub woofer - dammit Godzilla):rolleyes:
Zach Snyder Justice League
Wonder Woman 1984 (not a great film, but enjoy ummm yeah Wonder Woman :p)

4K 7.99

Deadpool (Thought I had it already, but nope)
Nobody (great action film)
Batman VS Superman Ultimate Edition

BLURAYS

Supernatural Season 15 final Season 9.99
Walking Dead Season 10 7.99

Probably will be a few more 4Ks

Boxsets unless Kiss comes down or ummmm man that 2 get 1 free is tempting - almost bunded the 2 Stone Temples (non surround with BS Tech Ecstasy - all around 45-50 - but grrrr the Tiny Music was not part of the sale. WTF!!!???

So what yall looking out for or bought or buying?? :unsure:

Last edited:

Snood

Staff member
Need more Black Friday buys cmon - we will not make fun of ya if you bought tons of Taylor Swift...oh crap, yeah I forgot - I bought her Signed new CD Red from her site 25 bux shipped, that thing is going for close to a hundy now lol 😋 If I knew somebody who had a daughter/Grand daughter that loved Taylor and missed out on this Taylor website deal, I might be prone to let it go for what me paid. Would have to be a QQ Bud though ;)

Marplot

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
anyone wanting to catch up on some Ayreon, Tull or the new REM release, Target is doing buy 2 get 1 free.
Also beatles, cat stevens, Kiss
You can also pre-order the new Tull and Porcupine Tree, although the details are scant so the price alone is how I am judging them to be the multichannel versions.

artwwweb

We already have a deals thread - Maybe be best to post deals there (only) to save doubling the work/ having to follow 2 threads/ missing deals? (I'm trying to keep my life simple :))

Last edited:

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Snood took advantage of the Amazon BUY 2 GET 1 FREE campaign for some BOXSETS - Yep box sets are there too including, KISS and Beatles and Stones

I Bought the LET IT BE Vinyl Big Box and the LET IT BE 5.1 cd/bluray along with the ROLLING STONES - TATTOO YOU boxsets - got the LET IT BE 5.1 for freeeeeeee, plus had 33 dollars in BING points me redeemed. So saved about 150 plus with tax. :LB

Day later Snood noticed THE WHO SELL OUT Box me had my eye on for awhile drop to 79 on Amazon - so bit on that

Target is doing the buy 2 get 1 free also......there are a couple boxes they included that Amazon did not like THE WHO and the new BEACH BOYS box set - but they are sold out so could not bundle those. 70 on THE WHO SELL OUT is not bad though.

4K discs hmmm bought a few for about 9.99

Godzilla VS King Kong (famous for blowing out Snood cheap old sub woofer - dammit Godzilla):rolleyes:
Zach Snyder Justice League
Wonder Woman 1984 (not a great film, but enjoy ummm yeah Wonder Woman :p)

4K 7.99

Deadpool (Thought I had it already, but nope)
Nobody (great action film)
Batman VS Superman Ultimate Edition

BLURAYS

Supernatural Season 15 final Season 9.99
Walking Dead Season 10 7.99

Probably will be a few more 4Ks

Boxsets unless Kiss comes down or ummmm man that 2 get 1 free is tempting - almost bunded the 2 Stone Temples (non surround with BS Tech Ecstasy - all around 45-50 - but grrrr the Tiny Music was not part of the sale. WTF!!!???

So what yall looking out for or bought or buying?? :unsure:
Merry Christmas to Snood!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I took full advantage of AmazonUS' deep cuts on UHD4K discs and for less than the price of a CD bought about 15 discs, a few Criterion UHD4K discs from Barnes & Nobles 50% off sale, 7 discs [5 of them UHD4K] from Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sales, a bunch of RBCDs from the Shark's awesome $7.99 list which with their 15% off discount were $6.79 [Lady GaGa/Tony Bennett ANYTHING GOES, Halsey, Olivia Rodrigo, the 2021 edition of That's What I call Music, volume 80, etc. and added the remaster of Cat Steven's Teaser and the Firecat and a 2 SACD set of Mozart's Wind Concertos from the London Symphony Orchestra. And of course still awaiting my shipment from CDJapan: Santana III, Birds of Fire and 3 MQA encoded discs. And today Mr. Mailman delivered Bruce Springsteen's fabulous NO NUKES CONCERT on BD~V which comes with 2 RBCDs and Adele 30 [RBCD]. Also from JPC.de: Moby's REPRISE album on BD~A in Dolby Atmos and the UHD4K remaster of Wolfgang Peterson's The NeverEnding Story [only available in Germany] with minimal s/h charges from Germany!

Absolutely NO regrets I didn't spring for the uber expensive KISS Destroyer boxset.......For that $200
  • I was able to add oodles of UHD4K discs to my collection and a bunch of RBCDs.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
No holiday purchases for myself. That old cliche about retirement is true: the hours are great but the pay stinks. So my budget must be focused on the 10 or so family members. Anyways... I have most of the rest of the year to pick & choose over audio stuff. Thank you my QQ enablers!
You are a VERY WISE MAN, SW putting FAMILY FIRST.

I should be retired but am not [semi, actually] and live alone [with a 🐱], don't really travel anymore so spend a lot of time homebound and all these acquisitions help me bide the time. Whether I listen or watch them ALL ...... is another issue altogether.