Black Friday and Cyber 2020 Sales

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I thought it would be easier for us to post our "finds" in one place for this sales period. It is different this year for brick and mortar stores as they have covid restrictions and those crowds in stores aren't going to happen. These retailers have responded by "spreading out" the sale items over days and weeks...instead of the normal one day. So anything you see, post it here. It can be anything you want...since this forum is diversified in our pleasures...including critters and wine and even pizza(yes we have a pizza thread)...post whatever you like if you think it's a good deal...

Sorry for the double dip (Sales and Discounts thread also), but I think this is a good deal...

For those that use these External SSDs, this 2TB version is at a good price point, seems not long ago they were $329-400 (I believe it's part of their Black Friday deals!)
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA2T0B/dp/B073H4GPLQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=18WJNPMRFZ2JF&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+2tb+ssd+external&qid=1606165041&sprefix=samsung+2TB%2Caps%2C240&sr=8-3

and this newer one (T7) seems to read and write almost twice as fast, but I haven't tried it yet myself, I'm happy with the T5.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082YGVGQL?ref=emc_p_m_5_i&th=1

HDTracks-
ggRev0z1cwa_ogtywdtL1pDepkVEz0OwM3Pc-3AJzUx-H6IMyTRzRgSHbNBgCgHbZccuO9G-6iJPAjT3-s1V-tkEN4ryZ_VnfQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Kick off Thanksgiving with amazing audiophile music and Black Friday sales up to 30% off storewide!

Use code HDTURKEY for your storewide discount:

Spend $25 get $5 off
Spend $40 get $10 off
Spend $75 get $20 off
Spend $100 get $30 off

Code can be used multiple times. Offer valid through 11/29/20 11:59 PM GMT (8:00 PM EST).
Code does not apply to albums included in current or upcoming label promotions.

Last edited:
These are basically the best deal going for cheap storage - there is a whole community of "data hoarders" (check the subreddit r/DataHoarder) that swear by them, because they're effectively the same drives that WD sells as bare internal drives, for a fraction of the price.

If you know what you're doing you can remove them from their enclosures (or "shuck" them, as they call it) and use them as internal drives - I bought 5 x 8TB models 2 or 3 Black Fridays ago and I think I paid about $125 CDN each, at a time when buying 5 internal drives would have run me around $300-350 each. I've been using them as part of my unRAID NAS without issue ever since.

This is ‘blow up your credit score’ day!

View attachment 59740

I just noticed in my junk mail folder that I have 25 mIllion from an inheritance that I knew nothing about:sneaky:..l don't remember opening up a bank account in Malaysia...since it's on the internet it must be trueo_O:whistle:

Back