Quad LP/Tape Poll Black Oak Arkansas - RAUNCH'N'ROLL [CD-4/Q8/Q4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Raunch'n'Roll"

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5: So-so

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 1970's quadraphonic release from Atco Records. (y):phones(n)

Black Oak Arkansas.jpg

This is a well recorded live album and a raucus time is had by all!

The only thing that would be better is if it would have been recorded a little later when they were doing "Jim Dandy" live.

Doug

Parts of it were recorded at the Paramount Theater here in Portland,Oregon,that has been gone for a long time.I like the album for it's livley sound it must have been a nice concert.

There's still a Paramount Theater in my hometown of Austin, MN.

It is one of those that has lights in the ceiling that look like stars, building walls, and balconies along the sides so it seems like you are outside in a town.

BOA didn't play there when they came to town in the seventies, however. They played at the Riverside Arena because the Paramount was a disco at the time.

It has since been restored to its original appearance and intent and is used for stage presentations.

Doug

I think the album says half was recorded in Portland and the rest at the Paramount in Seattle,I hate when they tear down some of the old buildings.

I had this tape years ago and didn't like it at all. Played it only a couple of times. I was just thinking the cover would have looked great in an Ampex Quadraphonic box, with the yellow border Ampex used.

Back