BLACK SABBATH- LIVE EVIL (40TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION) (4CD & 4LP) NO SURROUND.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
4 CD PRE ORDER
4 LP PRE ORDER

Black Sabbath, with Ronnie James Dio. No Steven Wilson stereo mix this time.

Now we are able to present a fresh, new 40th anniversary mix of the entire album, remixed from the original analog multi tracks by longtime associate of the band, Wyn Davis.

I have pre ordered the 4 CD package at $74.17

Last edited:
I saw this..but didn't order. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to Sabbath. While I absolutely LOVE the Sabbath albums with Ronnie, I can't stomach Ronnie singing older Sabbath tunes. Just sounds wrong to me.

That said, I've never heard Live Evil.....so...it might be great. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it!

I saw this..but didn't order. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to Sabbath. While I absolutely LOVE the Sabbath albums with Ronnie, I can't stomach Ronnie singing older Sabbath tunes. Just sounds wrong to me.

That said, I've never heard Live Evil.....so...it might be great. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it!
Ronnie just KILLS it.. making Ozzie sound like a whiny puny garage band wanna be singer...just saying...

Oh geez kap! I am totally aware Ronnie has a killer set of pipes. That's not the point. Steve Perry has (used to) a killer set of pipes too...but I don't want him singing War Pigs. lol
Sorry, I LOVE OZZY too, don't get me wrong, his is a totally different approach , and I was also very suspicious of ANYONE else singing Ssabbath's old stuff.. UNTIL I HEARD LIVE EVIL!!! hollllyyyyyyy molllleeeyyyyyyy....
Ronnie's approach is REALLY SCARY!!!!!.. I got a Japanese pressing of Live Evil, PM me....

Oh geez kap! I am totally aware Ronnie has a killer set of pipes. That's not the point. Steve Perry has (used to) a killer set of pipes too...but I don't want him singing War Pigs. lol
There was a Rush tribute album called "Working Man" where a bunch of vocalists from other bands performed Rush songs. Most would argue these vocalists were technically better singers, however none of the songs sounded right to me and none of them sounded better to me. It just wasn't the same without Geddy's voice.
I agree that Ozzy's voice could be categorized the same way. Same with Hendrix. None of them had what are considered great voices but they used what they had to the great effect and no one can sing their songs better.

In a similar vein, Joe Lynn Turner singing Ronnie’s songs in Rainbow wasn’t always enjoyable for me (even though I think Joe is a good singer.) Same for me with Ronnie singing Ozzy tunes.

When it comes to Ronnie with Sabbath, I prefer when the guys reformed for Heaven & Hell so Ronnie could just sing songs from his era of Sabbath.

Also... I’d be kind of curious to hear Steve Perry sing War Pigs.

Yeah, my copy arrived yesterday, looking forward to the car listen and nice addtion to my Black Sabbath box collection.
New 40th anniversary mix of the entire album, remixed from the original analog multi tracks by longtime associate of the band, Wyn Davis. The packaging will also include a 40-page hard back book featuring a newly commissioned 12,000-word essay, the new remix as a double LP, as well as the original double album, newly remastered in 2022 by Andy Pearce. The CD edition will also be four discs, with a 60-page hardback book.
BS_LE_3D_4CD.jpg

Just did a listen, via the Luxman CD player, preamp>amp stereo.
Disc 1&2 Remastered, a little harsh, Dio's voice a little overmodulated.
Disc 3&4 Remixed, wow what a difference, way better, bassy and powerful, Dio's voice nice and clear, drums are much better also.

Dude, in this video briefly mentioned something about a quad mix on this? Did they down mix quad to stereo or what is the deal?

Dude, in this video briefly mentioned something about a quad mix on this? Did they down mix quad to stereo or what is the deal?

I own the 4 CD box set. There is no surround.
Two discs are 16bit/44.1 Stereo 2023 Remaster. DR's are roughly 9's, 10's, 11's.
Two discs are 16bit/44.1 Stereo 2023 Remix. DR's are roughly 5's, 6's, 7's.
I prefer the 2023 Remix, probably due to the Dynamic Range sounds a little louder, really best in the car more than the home rig.

I own the 4 CD box set. There is no surround.
Two discs are 16bit/44.1 Stereo 2023 Remaster. DR's are roughly 9's, 10's, 11's.
Two discs are 16bit/44.1 Stereo 2023 Remix. DR's are roughly 5's, 6's, 7's.
I prefer the 2023 Remix, probably due to the Dynamic Range sounds a little louder, really best in the car more than the home rig.
At 7:35 he was talking about different mixes of these albums and mentioned the quad Paranoid album and not this set. My bad.

Back