Black Sabbath "Paranoid" Super Deluxe

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds straight up insulting to the original release! I'd expect that kind of thing from bootlegs.
Yes to the Q4 copy.
I totally agree, it doesn't even make sense, fold down to stereo , who cares, stereo is stereo, they might have said copied from original brickwalled release.
Throw in a $20.00 disc and sell the damn thing correctly.

I totally agree, it doesn't even make sense, fold down to stereo , who cares, stereo is stereo, they might have said copied from original brickwalled release.
Throw in a $20.00 disc and sell the damn thing correctly.
The lure for the stereo listeners with respect to the fold down is that the quad master used different takes on a few of the tracks... Rat Salad & Fairies Wear Boots spring to mind.... there may be more. Getting those alternate takes on an LP wasn't possible back in the day unless you went the bootleg route.

I was literally just raving about the quad mix to a Sabbath fan who never heard of it. Unreal that they won't include the actual quad version. That alone would make it a big seller. They included quad mixes on the Pink Floyd so why not the quad mix on this? Maybe the Japanese will do it at some point...

Looks like they've just taken the contents of the deluxe edition from a few years back and padded it out by replicating all the CD material on vinyl.

A real (second) missed opportunity, unless they're planning to issue the quad mix as some kind of stand-alone multichannel disc. Dare to dream!

My box set arrived about a week ago and just getting to it. 4 CD's all stereo.
Packaging, CD's, Book, little doodads, are all great.
I have ripped all 4 CD's. All tracks have good DR levels, 11's-12's more or less.
It seems the 4 CD's are from a 2016 remaster, at least that is what said on discs and when ripped they come up as 2016.
Well, needless to say all discs sound great. Super powerful as you would expect.
I was most interested in the Disc 2 quad to stereo, sounded great, a little more punchy than Disc 1 and vocals seemed a little more echoey.
The 2 live discs, well, you are there, loud and big drums. One thing that is cool both have intros and you can get your mind right with the noise of the hall, reverbs, hums and refelections, and then BAM the music starts.
This is a very good box set, absolutely high end. Really digging it.

I have this edition and think the quad fold down sounds like crap
All of my excitement opening this box to find it says quad in stereo? Yes it sounds like a tird covered Twinkie. His voice is all over the place. It sounds like he's talking through one of those toys that makes your voice echo. What a missed opportunity!

Back