Black Sabbath quad Vol.4?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that they're unlabeled non commercial tapes, let the buyer beware. I also noticed that he has a "quad" Abba: Arrival up for sale.

I wouldn't touch this one, I'm suprised the guy shows the hopme maid reel.

Anyway, you are better off with Tab's conversion of an actual PARANOID reel.

Anyway, welcome to the group!

:-jon

I asked the seller a few questions about the Sabbath tape, e.g., whether or not he actually listened to it, what the source of the tape was, etc., and written below is what he had to say. Based on his answer there is still room for doubt about the quad mix, but he tried to be helpful. I asked his permission so I could send his response to this group.

"I appreciate your question. I have played part of this tape one time only on my Sony TC-854-4 quad deck, and my ears told me it was quad. Now, there is no guarantee you will be satisfied with it, so you be the judge. I'm merely selling off some titles I don't play. I'm not exactly a Sabbath head. I bought a much larger lot on ebay a couple of years back and
everything I play is in quad that is labelled that way. The guy said they came from a major midwestern University is all. They are recorded at 3 3/4 IPS, they are all complete on good quality tape. I don't know it this is from a discrete tape source or from cd-4 album. But, I know it's not matrix quad.
Thanks"

Back