Quantcast

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 Super Deluxe Edition (with some Steven Wilson mixes) Feb 12th, 2021

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I placed my vinly order from Popmarket on Dec 23rd. Today is release date. I log in to PM and it says backordered. I am going to be pissed.......shortly.....if they don't honor my early order.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I placed my vinly order from Popmarket on Dec 23rd. Today is release date. I log in to PM and it says backordered. I am going to be pissed.......shortly.....if they don't honor my early order.
Amazon says theirs is in stock. Why do I try to save $10? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Easy Gos, easy. PopMarket support told me my order is shipping shortly. Yayyyyyy.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK, I'm trying to be unbiased. It's hard, as Sabbath is my number 1 favorite band. I'll cut to the chase. Vinyl number 2, which has Steven Wilson mixes. Wow! So much more heft. It's striking. Drums, vocals, etc. It almost makes me cry. Is it night and day? Almost, seriously.

Again, this is the vinyl. I have no clue about the CD version. Damn....

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Side 2 of vinyl 2. Again, Wilson mixes. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill Ward simply goes off. I mean, he wrecks it. Never have I heard Ward go apeshit like he does on these outtakes. And, Wilson amps it up. This shit rocks. I'm wrecked. Please, Mr Wilson, do more....Sabbath.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It will be interesting to hear, if the CD version of this sounds as good. You know, the dynamic range. Once I figure out how to rip this damn vinly on my Pioneer TT, I promise you the DR will be in the teens.

davidjpoole

In the Vinyl Guide podcast, Wilson notes he's doing another Sabbath, though doesn't mention which title.

Petr Kropotkin

In the Vinyl Guide podcast, Wilson notes he's doing another Sabbath, though doesn't mention which title.
I hope it's "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", their most progressive album. It deserves a surround mix with the various layers that the strings, synths, and the orchestra added (not to mention Rick Wakeman chipping in as well).