Blackfield: NYC live DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This was posted a few days ago over at www.blackfield.org - super-exciting for me as I love the Blackfield stuff and the bootleg recordings I've got from the recent tour were great...

The Blackfield DVD recorded at the Bowery Ballroom, NYC on 16th March 2007, is nearing completion and is set for release on 15th October in Europe and 6th November in the USA, through KScope/Snapper. The DVD, entitled "BLACKFIELD:NYC - Live in New York City", includes the whole concert edited by Lasse Hoile, with sound mixed into stereo and 5.1 surround sound by Steven Wilson.

The full track listing for the DVD is:

1. Once
2. Miss U
3. Blackfield
4. Christenings
5. The Hole In Me
6. 1,000 People
7. Pain
8. Glow
9. Thankyou
10. Epidemic
11. Someday
12. Open Mind
13. My Gift of Silence
14. Where is My Love?
15. End of the World
16. Hello
17. Once (encore)
18. Cloudy Now

Very much looking forward to this too , and I'm sure SW will give us a great mix too . Its only been a while since FoaBP but I'm already pining for more ! :phones

~M~

It's now available for pre-order from Burning Shed. It did not specify whether they were selling PAL/NTSC so I asked - it is NTSC Region 0

I would guess dts . The Porcupine Tree Dvd had it and all his Dvd-As thus far had dts accompany the mlp track .

~M~

It's now available for pre-order from Burning Shed. It did not specify whether they were selling PAL/NTSC so I asked - it is NTSC Region 0

CD Universe is taking preorders at $17.01 for the domestic US release scheduled for Nov. 6. 13 Pounds British Sterling ($26.14) is a bit steep (plus shipping) - I can wait two more weeks.

CD Universe is taking preorders at $17.01 for the domestic US release scheduled for Nov. 6. 13 Pounds British Sterling ($26.14) is a bit steep (plus shipping) - I can wait two more weeks.

Actually, for me it was 11.06gbp + 2.10 shipping - 13.26 total...yes, still a bit more than what some USA online retailers will sell for but where I live I have found that I actually receive things a lot quicker from the UK than I do from the USA, and I *really* want this one quickly - the Blackfield album is just about my fave release of the year and the live shows sounded fantastic.

Actually, for me it was 11.06gbp + 2.10 shipping - 13.26 total...yes, still a bit more than what some USA online retailers will sell for but where I live I have found that I actually receive things a lot quicker from the UK than I do from the USA, and I *really* want this one quickly - the Blackfield album is just about my fave release of the year and the live shows sounded fantastic.

No doubt that if this is a must have/need "right away" - get it Burning Shed - I have ordered from them before and rec'd excellent service and delivery.

Just presenting an alternative solution for others who may want to save a few bucks $$$:)

My copy arrived today and I've just watched a good portion of it - excellent DVD. Now I just need to opportunity to watch it on a bigger screen and crank it up some more to really feel like I was there.

Who did you order from? CD Universe sez Nov 6th now.

I ordered from Burning Shed. They originally had the release as Oct 15 but it got delayed until the "29th" but they shipped mine last Tuesday...

arrived yesterday and Now im playing catch up (FOTBP as well to Listen too) , the builders are gone the DVD player and speakers are all back in situ.

initial impression another winner. This is my first taste of Blackfield, and I liked what i was hearing. The Mix was not the usual Live "crowd in the rears Mix" but much more descrete. Picture quality was excellent and of course No DD surround only DTS or LPCM stereo.

I liked what i saw and heard last night will give it a full run through before voting though.

Recieved and playing today.
DTS mix by.....yep the man himself.

Issued 2007

Way back then, Steven understood the complexities of mixing music in surround, as is proved in this live concert.

Excellent music and mix.

Please, please you music mixers out there, take a lead from Steven and actually release your albums in true surround!!

Steve Hacketts latest live album being a case in point...as the surround mix is non existent...grr.

Back