Blu-Ray Beatles White Album Playback Issues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance7489

Again, fairly new to the site, has anyone had problems with play back of the Beatles "White Album" blu-ray disc??.......On 3 different players (2 Dennon's & an Oppo), I've had issues with playback of the 5.1 Blu-ray disc. At first it will cut out for about 5 seconds, then continue playing for about a minute, the stop playing altogether. The player will then totally freeze up & the only remedy is to eject the disc. On the 2 Dennon players, it got as far as "Dear Prudence. On the Oppo BDP103, it got as far as "While my guitar gently weeps", but on the OPPO, I did get it to recover & continue playing without ejecting the disc.............Anyone else have similar issues????...... It was a new purchase from Amazon & I believe I can still return it.

I don’t think it’s an issue with the blu-ray but I hate the way this thing is authored in general. On a Sony UBP-X800 when I go to the next track it will not play for the first few seconds and then my decoder will finally kick in, so for example I never hear the piano intro to Ob-La-Di unless I start the song and then rewind to the end of Glass Onion which is the most annoying thing ever.

I’ve never experienced your issue though, I would also suggest trying to return it!

I don’t think it’s an issue with the blu-ray but I hate the way this thing is authored in general. On a Sony UBP-X800 when I go to the next track it will not play for the first few seconds and then my decoder will finally kick in, so for example I never hear the piano intro to Ob-La-Di unless I start the song and then rewind to the end of Glass Onion which is the most annoying thing ever.

I’ve never experienced your issue though, I would also suggest trying to return it!

Yes, that also included the main menu, where you have to disrupt things to switch to the favored sound format (Dolby Atmos for me).

Made an interesting discovery on this. I did return it. I returned it to Amazon UK (which is where I originally purchased it from). I then purchased a used one on ebay. The one from Amazon was a different edition than the one I just bought on ebay. The mixes are the same but the screen menus are different. No problem at all with playing the ebay purchase, unlike the UK one.

Made an interesting discovery on this. I did return it. I returned it to Amazon UK (which is where I originally purchased it from). I then purchased a used one on ebay. The one from Amazon was a different edition than the one I just bought on ebay. The mixes are the same but the screen menus are different. No problem at all with playing the ebay purchase, unlike the UK one.
Photos?

Back