Blu-Ray Forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Blu-Ray won, and it's bound to become a major source of surround sound material, so we give it it's own forum. This is a place to discuss players for both audio systems and computers, and yes, the PS3 too!

Keep all talk concerning the surround FORMATS, like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-Master Audio in their forum section, and everything else can go here.

So, if you find, read, or get anything interesting that's Blu, this is the place to go.

Welcome to "All Things Blu!" :sun

Any comments on Moanin in this format?

Hey jhw59; just FYI I got Moanin' and it sounds awesome. I have nothing to compare it to but in terms of fidelity, it's up there with other BDs of this ilk.

I placed a second order and picked up some more cheap jazz BDs. Among them was Cannonball Adderley's Somethin' Else. I'm quite used to the SACD and I prefer the BD 192kHz/24-bit to the SACD. Better bass and mid-range on the BD.

I purchased the Ken Burns , The Vietnam War Blu Ray disc set, absolutely spellbinding, the USA really fucked up but that's another story. The 5.1 soundtrack, Hendrix, Big Brother, JA, on and on is quite fantastic. Maybe a 5.1 soundtrack will get released, doubt it but maybe.

I purchased the Ken Burns , The Vietnam War Blu Ray disc set, absolutely spellbinding, the USA really fucked up but that's another story. The 5.1 soundtrack, Hendrix, Big Brother, JA, on and on is quite fantastic. Maybe a 5.1 soundtrack will get released, doubt it but maybe.

agreed, EVERYONE should watch this, truly a definitive history of the Vietnam War

I'm 50 and I thought I knew a lot about this war but the whole pre and post war story really put everything into perspective.

Back