Blu-Ray Starting to Impact DVD Sales

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
From Hi Def Digest....

"Thanks to the demise of HD DVD and increased Blu-ray retail momentum, next-gen disc sales are starting to carve out a bigger slice of the home video pie, a new report suggests.

According to an analysis of Nielsen VideoScan First Alert numbers conducted by Home Media Magazine, Disney's Blu-ray chart-topper 'No Country for Old Men' drew 9.8 percent of its total unit sales from Blu-ray during its first five days in stores."

Complete article at http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/new...eport:_Blu-ray_Disc_Sales_Impacting_DVD_/1602

It's not unlike getting a massive knot out of a garden hose. Blu Ray can now enjoy logical growth with no longer being undercut by the format war confusion.

Growth is slow, but at least Blu-ray is seeing some growth. We still don't have the profile 2.0 standalone players on the market but in a month or two there will be a couple of models available and maybe things can pick up when that happens. I don't think hardware prices or software prices are high based on history, quality, and manufacturing costs.

Chris

I should mention I did buy "No Country for Old Men" on Blu-ray, what a wild ride that movie is. As with all Buena Vista/Disney Blu-ray software I own, the quality is great. I don't know if I will ever watch the film again, but it is strange enough that I might, just not anytime soon.

Chris

Are Blu ray hitting DVD sales or is the impending non recession hiiting DVD sales more that Blu ray sales.

just a though here but if you have the disposable inclned to buy a blu ray player you are going to want to the software more that some one who is happy to have a DVD player and smaller disposable income.

Personally I dont buy 'blockbuster' films, action films i find very tediuos, so there is very little to tempt me to move on at the moment.

Back