HiRez Poll Blue Man Group - COMPLEX [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Blue Man Group - COMPLEX

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Scored 7. Drums and more with good use of the surround channels. The video interview is worthwhile. It shows brief snippets of what the Blue Man Group does on stage and provided background for those like myself who have never seen them live.
Recommended.

tcdriver

A very good surround mix and pretty good music. I liked their other DVDA {Audio} better, musically and surround mix. I gave it an 8.

Great surround mix but terribly derivative and repetitive music. A major letdown after "Audio". Still, above average.

I love this album.
It's just superb.
The mix is very discrete & aggressive - no mucking around here - just a fast grab for the throat.
Only played it in the studio so far, so have not seen any of the visuals at all, but I don't much care as this one is going to be played and played and played.

The 2 covers I picked up on - White Rabbit & I Feel Love - are done how a cover should be done, and not merely a copy of the original versions.
The range of guest vocalists is also very good, as there is no way at all to get bored listening to this album.

Highly recommended - well worth buying.
What? You're still reading, and not buying? Fie, sir. Fie.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:.:banana:
(five point one bananas from me)

I like this album musically even better than Audio (their first DVD-A). To have vocalists on about half of the tracks gives more variation. It also fits the concept of "The Blue man is observing and reacting to our behaviour (at Rock Concerts and living in a big block of houses (the Complex))."

The sound and the surround mix are top notch with very good dynamics and lots of details. Because they have used up to 50(!) tracks of drums and percussion alone, for some of the "songs", there was more than enough to work with.

Liners notes are on screen for a while after the start of each track.

Yet another great disc from DTS its a shame they seem to have stopped bring us new music.
Agressive mix of drum rythem based music but much more than just that.

nicley recorded and gets the Mrs Fletch seal of approval as well.

A strong 9 from us edging towards 10.

Last edited:
I just got this one recently and it is impressive. I hadn't heard the album previously and don't own the other DVD-A, "Audio", which appears to be highly regarded also. This one gets an 8, the mix is just perfect and fidelity first rate.

Chris

I have to say that I prefer Audio to this one. Some of the music seems to be very similar or "samey", and its like they've just added vocals over the top.

Still enjoyable though.

Late comer to the Blue Man Group, as I got The Complex yesterday (very long trip from Mexico).
The mix is fantastic and the music is great fun, my head is banging all the time while I work.
My only complaint is the tree shaped menu, I cannot find the logic to get to some of the branches.

Back