Bob Dylan "Time Out Of Mind" - SDE Blu-Ray #8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You folks in the US that got your Dylan orders, or USPS notices, what does your tracking number look like?
I lost all that/deleted it but have a package coming tomorrow USPS that the tracking looks like
LE606xxxxxxxx ? Look familiar? (Yeah I lose stuff. lol)

I can never figure out Jack on the SDE site.
Mine started with LE606 as well and I got mine on Monday. My guess is that there are a hundred different variables that can determine how fast something get delivered from Europe to the US.
It ends up being the luck of the draw.

yeah, the tracking, in general with the link they provide usually tells me very little. Mine is currently in the dreaded Chicago hole...yet says it will deliver tomorrow. Sure it will. lol :censored:

There are apps like ‘Route’ & ‘Shop’ that do a pretty good job at tracking packages for you. Of course, they gain the data of your buying habits so if you’re a bit paranoid about that stuff you might want to steer clear. I typically find the ‘Route’ app is about a half day behind on updates.

Here is the tracking history of SDE #8 for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9950.png
    IMG_9950.png
    427.9 KB · Views: 0
I can never figure out Jack on the SDE site.
Agreed that navigating around SDE is a bit tricky.

I am no computer whiz but I think SDE has at least two sites. The news site has a URL of "superdeluxeedition . com" / SuperDeluxeEdition – Holding the Music in Your Hands and the SDE Shop site is "thesdeshop . com" / the SDE shop and I don't think it is set up for single sign in.

When I sign into the SDE Shop page and tap on the "Your Account" tab, it gives me a clear cut list of what I have ordered and their status (fulfilled/unfilled). You can click on an order to see what it is in more detail. That has a clickable link to the royal mail tracking site which (in the case of me in the USA) links over to USPS once the customs handoff is complete.

Not 100% sure but it looks like SDE has utilized a number of different ways & companies to fulfill these orders in the past. Probably started with self-shipping and moved onto finding a good partner as the volume of sales picked up?

Agreed that navigating around SDE is a bit tricky.

I am no computer whiz but I think SDE has at least two sites. The news site has a URL of "superdeluxeedition . com" / SuperDeluxeEdition – Holding the Music in Your Hands and the SDE Shop site is "thesdeshop . com" / the SDE shop and I don't think it is set up for single sign in.

When I sign into the SDE Shop page and tap on the "Your Account" tab, it gives me a clear cut list of what I have ordered and their status (fulfilled/unfilled). You can click on an order to see what it is in more detail. That has a clickable link to the royal mail tracking site which (in the case of me in the USA) links over to USPS once the customs handoff is complete.

Not 100% sure but it looks like SDE has utilized a number of different ways & companies to fulfill these orders in the past. Probably started with self-shipping and moved onto finding a good partner as the volume of sales picked up?
Yes thanks for pointing that out ! What makes it suck is when I followed your link I discovered I already had a bookmark. Jeez Louise. Well, CRS, you know

Got my SDE #8 yesterday also and pulling that SDE rip-cord; I'm feeling like a kid on Christmas morning every month🪂 🎄

also check out the cool disc graphics on this one (y)

View attachment 91636
That does it. I'm going to file a lawsuit on behalf of Gene and I, for discrimination by the USPS!

...but it is a cool disc print.

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
And I know my personality... this purchase probably breaks the Dylan dam. I’ll be looking at those MoFi discs again this weekend. Or at least the Dylan/Grateful Dead album.

How expensively prophetic that turned out to be, all because of one SDE purchase (that finally arrived today.)

It took less than four months to go from zero Dylan to that’s-more-than-enough Dylan.

Turns out I didn’t care for the Dylan/Dead album after streaming it, so yeah... showed some fiscal restraint there.

Dylan-Discs.jpg

In for a penny, in for a pound, aye.
I’ve bought a couple myself since I ordered the SDE blu-ray but that’s amazing. So did you order a couple, listened to them and liked what you heard, and then ordered more?
Or did you just decide to go for it?

In for a penny, in for a pound, aye.
I’ve bought a couple myself since I ordered the SDE blu-ray but that’s amazing. So did you order a couple, listened to them and liked what you heard, and then ordered more?
Or did you just decide to go for it?
Just went for it. There have been times with artists that I missed/ignored early on where I had a sense (with broader musical interests than when I was younger) that the investment would be worth it and simply fun to go all in. Grateful Dead was like that. I haven’t had a chance to listen to a lot of it yet, but what I have heard I’ve enjoyed.

Mine made it to Connecticut yesterday. And then my TV died. 😭😢

Guess I can listen to some SACDs until a replacement television is acquired. 🤔
Knock on my head -er, wood- my 27" Sammy monitor just keeps going and going and...I have a 40" TV in the audio room, replacing a larger, older one... I got at Wally World pretty cheap. Not 4K but the music matters more to me. In fact, this TV is so smart it pisses me off.

Just went for it. There have been times with artists that I missed/ignored early on where I had a sense (with broader musical interests than when I was younger) that the investment would be worth it and simply fun to go all in. Grateful Dead was like that. I haven’t had a chance to listen to a lot of it yet, but what I have heard I’ve enjoyed.
Oh I’ve done that many times through the years. Just not with an artist with as many titles as Dylan. That’s a real deeep dive.

@GabeL
Well I kinda thought something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.
My other Atmos disc's will fold down to 5 channel , and most of them have a separate 5.1 selection ....like Dolby Digital or DTS MA.

Still...it does not want me to get an Atmos System. I really like my 5.1 or 5 channel actually.

Oh well.

Back