Bob James Trio - Feel Like Making LIVE! Release Jan 28th 2022 Formats

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys!

Bob James new release - Feel Like Making LIVE! - it's out on the 28th Jan 2022 and will be available in five different physical formats: 180gram Limited Numbered orange double vinyl LP, SACD, MQA-CD, MQA-CD + blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. The hybrid SACD includes the DSD stereo and 5.1 surround sound. The live in-the-studio recording was filmed in 4K and recorded in high resolution audio and is available in Ultra HD blu-ray, which includes immersive sound with Dolby Atmos in Dolby TrueHD and Auro 3D. Bonus tracks and in-depth interviews are also included. The music will also be available in uncompressed stereo at 96kHz / 24bit stereo formats.

Feel Like Making LIVE! is a celebration of Bob’s unique artistry and reflects a storied career that stretches back 59 years. James is reunited with the piano trio format, which was how the Grammy-winning Missouri-born musician began his professional music career back in 1963. It features track favourites, "Angela", "Rocket Man", "Feel Like Making Love/ Night Crawler" and more.

Hearing good things about this one! :phones🎶

Attachments

• Bob James Formats.PNG
    Bob James Formats.PNG
    338 KB · Views: 85
Hey Guys!

Bob James new release - Feel Like Making LIVE! - it's out on the 28th Jan 2022 and will be available in five different physical formats: 180gram Limited Numbered orange double vinyl LP, SACD, MQA-CD, MQA-CD + blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. The hybrid SACD includes the DSD stereo and 5.1 surround sound. The live in-the-studio recording was filmed in 4K and recorded in high resolution audio and is available in Ultra HD blu-ray, which includes immersive sound with Dolby Atmos in Dolby TrueHD and Auro 3D. Bonus tracks and in-depth interviews are also included. The music will also be available in uncompressed stereo at 96kHz / 24bit stereo formats.

Feel Like Making LIVE! is a celebration of Bob’s unique artistry and reflects a storied career that stretches back 59 years. James is reunited with the piano trio format, which was how the Grammy-winning Missouri-born musician began his professional music career back in 1963. It features track favourites, "Angela", "Rocket Man", "Feel Like Making Love/ Night Crawler" and more.

Hearing good things about this one! :phones🎶

Fantastic news regarding the Native UHD4K release in Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D. Now I'll have to cancel my pre~order with ImportCD and re~order Feel Like Making Love in that format instead of the BD~V!

All I can say, I'm a HUGE fan of the EVOSOUND label. ALL their releases so far are TOP SHELF and their prices are INCREDIBLE most especially their SACDs and MQA~CDs. EVOSOUND'S packaging is likewise very classy and I always highly rcommend their products whenever I get the chance.

You could say: I'm EVOSOUND'S BIGGEST Fan!

BTW, I wonder if they have any plans to release any more SACDs from the CTI Jazz Label. IMO, Bob James Nautilus was a complete success!

Last edited:
Fantastic news regarding the Native UHD4K release in Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D. Now I'll have to cancel my pre~order with ImportCD and re~order Feel Like Making Love in that format instead of the BD~V!

All I can say, I'm a HUGE fan of the EVOSOUND label. ALL their releases so far are TOP SHELF and their prices are INCREDIBLE most especially their SACDs and MQA~CDs. EVOSOUND'S packaging is likewise very classy and I always highly rcommend their products whenever I get the chance.

You could say: I'm EVOSOUND'S BIGGEST Fan!

BTW, I wonder if they have any plans to release any more SACDs from the CTI Jazz Label. IMO, Bob James Nautilus was a complete success!

Definitely agree with you here! Love the music coming out of evosound and can't wait to get my paws on this one! I've always been so impressed with the sound quality on their releases :phones

Question:

I see one listed on ImportCD

1642090007574.png

And, another listed on Amazon. Seems they are different, but on both versions of the BDA, do they have 4K and Atmos/Auro 3D??

1642090101826.png

And, another listed on Amazon. Seems they are different, but on both versions of the BDA, do they have 4K and Atmos/Auro 3D??

The standard Blu-Ray only contains Dolby Atmos, whereas the Ultra-HD Blu-Ray (this is a completely different type of disc that will not play on a regular Blu-Ray player) has Atmos & Auro-3D.

I wonder if importcd's customer service would be willing to change my sacd preorder to UHD.

Hello all, before I placed my pre-order I wanted to make sure the standard blu-ray included Dolby Atmos as the audio is more important to me than the video. I emailed the Evolution Music Group with my question and their response is below:

Hi Scott

The standard blu ray with MQA-CD includes Dolby Atmos immersive sound, but the Ultra HD Blu Ray includes Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D as well as uncompressed stereo at 96kHZ / 24bit.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions—further synopsis on both products below:

Ultra HD Blu Ray:

Feel Like Making LIVE! includes James’s most well known hits like Angela, Maputo, Westchester Lady and Nautilus as well as an instrumental cover of Elton John’s Rocket Man. This new jazz trio live-in-the-studio recording was stylishly filmed in 4K and recorded in high resolution audio and is available in Ultra HD blu-ray with Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D as well as uncompressed stereo at 96kHZ / 24bit. Bonus tracks and in-depth interviews are included.

MQA CD + Blu Ray:

Feel Like Making LIVE! includes James's most well known hits like Angela, Maputo, Westchester Lady and Nautilus as well as an instrumental cover of Elton John's Rocket Man. This new jazz trio live-in-the-studio concert film was stylishly filmed in 4K and recorded in high resolution audio and is available in as a MQA-CD with blu-ray beautifully packaged in a deluxe digi-folder with a 36 page booklet. The blu-ray includes Dolby Atmos immersive sound, bonus tracks and in-depth interviews. MQA is an award-winning technology that delivers the sound of the studio. MQA-CD plays on all CD players. When a conventional CD player in connected to an MQA-enabled device, the CD will reveal the original master quality.

Thanks so much,

Saxby Macalister

International Promotion Coordinator

[email protected]
Main Line: +852 2791 9028
Fax: +852 2791 9153
www.evomg.com

I wish Evo Sound did the Bob James 1974 "One" in Multi Channel SACD
its in Stereo SACD only.

I still bought it as it is DSD upgraded sound
and on my Pioneer SACD player I can play it on all speakers.

Fun video of Bob James unboxing the orange vinyl double LP for "Feel Like Making LIVE!" -- the colour is so rad! 😍🔥 Although my heart stopped watching him trying to open the packaging with a nail file 😬 when you can see the sticky part you pull off to open it, oh man! :ROFLMAO:

Fun video of Bob James unboxing the orange vinyl double LP for "Feel Like Making LIVE!" -- the colour is so rad! 😍🔥 Although my heart stopped watching him trying to open the packaging with a nail file 😬 when you can see the sticky part you pull off to open it, oh man! :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking the same thing. He said he has copy number 1, and he was yanking on that thing.....probably bent the album cover. :oops:

Back