Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band…

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love his old stuff from the sixties. At first he was big around his home town of Detroit but mostly unknown elsewhere. Like many artists his music became more commercial as he gained success. Still I would take anything of his in surround.

His first "Hit" always makes me smile a parody of "Ballad of the The Green Berets", The Beach Bums "Ballad of the Yellow Berets". A protest song against protesters! His then pro war stance echoed that of many Americans, in favour at first but when the war was not ended quickly and favorably he adopted the anti-war stance.

IMO when you go to rock concerts there are two basic categories with a continuum between them. At one extreme there are those that offer a lot of flash and effects (think Pink Floyd, Kiss) and at the other extreme are those where the flash and effects are subdued, but the performance shines (think Springsteen, McCartney). Bob Seger is firmly in the later camp. The man can get everyone on their feet just using his gift to perform. Having a slew of classic hits to choose from doesn't hurt either. I've seen several Seger tours. The man never failed to delight me. I was lucky enough to see him on his farewell tour. If he ever comes out of retirement, my advise is to go catch his show.

I love his old stuff from the sixties. At first he was big around his home town of Detroit but mostly unknown elsewhere.
When I was in middle school I saw him at a High School homecoming dance. He went by the name of The Bob Seger System then, and very much unknown.

IMO when you go to rock concerts there are two basic categories with a continuum between them. At one extreme there are those that offer a lot of flash and effects (think Pink Floyd, Kiss) and at the other extreme are those where the flash and effects are subdued, but the performance shines (think Springsteen, McCartney). Bob Seger is firmly in the later camp. The man can get everyone on their feet just using his gift to perform. Having a slew of classic hits to choose from doesn't hurt either. I've seen several Seger tours. The man never failed to delight me. I was lucky enough to see him on his farewell tour. If he ever comes out of retirement, my advise is to go catch his show.
Is there a DVD/Blu-ray of his Farewell concert?

Back