HiRez Poll Bon Jovi - THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Bon Jovi - THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD (y) :phones (n)

Hey Bon Jovi fans! Does this SACD have the same 5.1 mixes as the hits that are on the "Slippery When Wet" DVD-A, or are these different?

Attachments

• bonjovihits.jpg
    bonjovihits.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 250
These are completely new rerecordings of the songs so they don't use any of the same audio material from slippery when wet. That being said it is a fun laid back cd that has acoustic/mellow versions of their well known hits. Most are done very well and the mix is good too.

I like it. Not perfect, but seems to improve with time. Fidelity could be a little bit warmer sounding, but still decent enough. Surround mix didn't exactly WOW me at the first listen, but I dig it more and more each week. Nice job, Obie!

Yeah, I have to agree with what has been said. I enjoy it. It is a refreshing take on their best songs. I liked Bon Jovi, but never loved them, so something new and differant yet familier was nice. The mix was fine not fantastic. It's a hybrid so definatly worth owning and nice to be able to play wherever you are.

Ima give it a 7.

I would like to add that I havent heard any of their multi channel Dual Disk stuff so I have no idea how this mix compares to them.

If I'm cynical I'd say that this one was done for their fans in the 80s who are now "Soccer Moms", and prefer stuff thats a bit more mellow, but are reminiscing about their younger days.:eek:

Having said that its a tasteful surround mix and its pleasant - I'll vote after a few more listens. :cool:

The recording is good, the mix is very tasteful, at the start you think where is the surround, but then it kicks in.....

The music is good but for me its all a bit "formulaic". 8 votes now....

I need to look for this and play it again.

Looks like the link from my ancient post 05-27-2006 doesn't work anymore.

Still available new. Must be a slow seller.

I'm no soccer mom but I am really diggin' the mellow Bon Jovi its a nice change

Not a BonJovi fan but I do like this more mellow version of thebandmuch better.

Well, right off the bat I don't hate half the arrangements on this.
The liner notes explain how this started out as a more conventional acoustic album, like MTV Unplugged, but a producer convinced them to keep going "to left field" on all the songs (make them as different and weird as possible).
Well, at least they have some balls to take a risk, but this mostly doesn't work for me.
Not yet anyway. And not sure when, if ever I'll feel like giving it another chance...
Oh, 1 automatic point deduction for including a song called "I'll be There for You." How many times will that title be used (or something close like "I'll be Here for You")?
Gag. Quite a few trite lyrics, come to think of it...

Just found this in a goodwill along with three other 5.1's. I began listening and was blown away with the sound quality! Bass is deep and tight, acoustics have sheen, center channel has some real dynamic range and there is always something new and interesting in the rears. I listened to it 3 straight times because it was so good. Bon Jovi has taken some of his well known rock hits and (quoting george thourogood) made them better. I love artists who re-imagine their catalog from time to time. This is a 10. Poll wont let me vote

Last edited:
Just found this in a goodwill along with three other 5.1's. I began listening and was blown away with the sound quality! Bass is deep and tight, acoustics have sheen, center channel has some real dynamic range and there is always something new and interesting in the rears. I listened to it 3 straight times because it was so good. Bon Jovi has taken some of his well known rock hits and (quoting george thourogood) made them better. I love artists who re-imagine their catalog from time to time. This is a 10. Poll wont let me vote
Four (4) 5.1s at a single Goodwill? What a find! Perhaps donated by the widow of a late QQ member?

Yea, I couldn't believe it. In the last 20+ years the only sacd surround discs I've come across in a goodwill are tierney sutton's "something new" and shania's "up". The other three in this haul were sting's "brand new day" (surround sacd), joni mitchell "both sides now" (dvd audio- not impressed) and a classical joseph canteloube dvda (really not impressed).

Yea, I couldn't believe it. In the last 20+ years the only sacd surround discs I've come across in a goodwill are tierney sutton's "something new" and shania's "up". The other three in this haul were sting's "brand new day" (surround sacd), joni mitchell "both sides now" (dvd audio- not impressed) and a classical joseph canteloube dvda (really not impressed).
Regardless of the mixes, that is still quite a find. Good for you!

Back