HiRez Poll Bowie, David - STAGE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of David Bowie - STAGE

• Total voters
I'd be hard pressed to choose a favorite between this and "David Live". "Stage" has a more immersive and active surround mix but I may prefer the material in "Live" (in spite of the wealth of "Station" and "Ziggy" songs here). No matter. Both discs are excellent. Great to hear a young Adrian Belew's sonic acrobatics throughout. A 9.

It's been 4 1/2 years since a comment was made in this thread. This disc is so outrageously awesome that I had to.
Super-duper discrete!
Chagrined that the Station to Station mc album sucks? That injustice is mostly rectified here. Great rendition of Ziggy! Lots of Berlin Trilogy songs!
Alabama Song is tied for the weirdest/creepiest multichannel song EVER!
Very, very cool disc. Solid 8 or 9, I'm thinking.

It's been 4 1/2 years since a comment was made in this thread. This disc is so outrageously awesome that I had to.
Super-duper discrete!
Chagrined that the Station to Station mc album sucks? That injustice is mostly rectified here. Great rendition of Ziggy! Lots of Berlin Trilogy songs!
Alabama Song is tied for the weirdest/creepiest multichannel song EVER!
Very, very cool disc. Solid 8 or 9, I'm thinking.
I agree wholeheartedly. What a great band. It's got the perfection of a studio release with the rawness of a live show.
Stay is probably my favorite Bowie tune. My only complaint with this rendition is the climax where you really need a lead instrument. No one really stands up to play lead.
Lead guitar ala Earl Slick isn't really Adrian Belew's style. Even Simon House could have laid out a blistering violin solo.
Yes I'm still hurting from the "expensive disappointment" of the STS multichannel release.

Back