DVD/DTS Poll Bowie, David - Station To Station [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of David Bowie - STATION TO STATION

• Total voters
Every couple of months I find myself trying to give this release another shot, I mean it can't be that bad, right? 😅

It starts off fine with the SFX in the title track and updated drums. That said, by the time Word on a Wing comes on, I'm usually ready to switch back to the original stereo mix.
The ultra compressed vocals just keep on pounding with no room to breathe and the re-done/brightened drums get irritating quick.
Whatever does come through from the rears is just reverb- must be one of the most unimaginative mixes I've heard. Coupled with mind boggling amounts of compression/limiting, this one should best serve as a coaster. Here's hoping this was my last time trying to get into it!😅
Gets a generous 4 from me, just for the title track.

Last edited:
Every couple of months I find myself trying to give this release another shot, I mean it can't be that bad, right? 😅

It starts off fine with the SFX in the title track and updated drums. That said, by the time Word on a Wing comes on, I'm usually ready to switch back to the original stereo mix.
The ultra compressed vocals just keep on pounding with no room to breathe and the re-done/brightened drums get irritating quick.
Whatever does come through from the rears is just reverb- must be one of the most unimaginative mixes I've heard. Coupled with mind boggling amounts of compression/limiting, this one should best serve as a coaster. Here's hoping this was my last time trying to get into it!😅
Gets a generous 4 from me, just for the title track.
Two people have dug deep and rated it an eight. another two a six -- the 'great content' factor in the ratings formula no doubt influencing their votes. Otherwise, most rate this remix between five and one. Hard to believe these are ratings for 'one of rock's greatest albums' (just one of so many accolades). One can only conclude the remix was done at the the hands of a disinterested novice.

Back