Dual Disc Boz Scaggs "Fade Into Light" DD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ick

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Oooooh! I saw this one is slated for release (hopefully in 5.1 hi rez).

I heard a couple of cuts from this on the radio, including the unplugge version of "Lowdown". It is EXCELLENT! He dedicated the version to Jeff Porcaro.

I will definitely get this one, and yes, I will admit it...

I may get the Barbara Streisand DD, but only if it is in 5.1 to support DD with surround. Plus it is laden with Bee Gees sound and I've always been a fan of the Bee Gees.

Please don't make fun of me. :( I'm taking one for the team!! :D

ICK

According to the info I've seen, Fade Into Light will include 5.1 on the LIVE tracks.

Save your Streisand DD money; they deemed it more important for you to have videos than surround...

timbre4 said:
According to the info I've seen, Fade Into Light will include 5.1 on the LIVE tracks.

Save your Streisand DD money; they deemed it more important for you to have videos than surround...

DOH!! Thanks for the warning. I do NOT need to watch Babs.

Fade Into Light still sounds like a good disc even if all of it isn't in 5.1. Maybe if this sells well there will be more Boz in 5.1 (like Silk Degrees maybe!)

ICK

This is why I love this forum!

I did not know this was to be released. Thanks to you, I will be first in line. :smokin

So, 15 years later, can anyone comment on the quality of the 5.1 mixes for the 3 videos included on this DualDisc?

R-6541884-1421604299-3450.jpeg.jpg

So, 15 years later, can anyone comment on the quality of the 5.1 mixes for the 3 videos included on this DualDisc?

R-6541884-1421604299-3450.jpeg.jpg

I have this one, and I don't remember anything about the videos except they're taken from his other full DVD show, which is well worth having anyway:
https://www.discogs.com/Boz-Scaggs-Greatest-Hits-Live/release/7817654

Here's what discogs takes from the DualDisc title info:
Entire album in enhanced stereo [48kHz/16 bit].
Also included on the DVD side are live performances of "Lowdown", "Harbor Lights" and "We're All Alone," captured in 5.1 Surround Sound and High Definition video, from the Coming Home Productions DVD Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live, filmed at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, California. [DVD Video Logo][Dolby Digital Logo] [NTSC]

I have this one, and I don't remember anything about the videos except they're taken from his other full DVD show, which is well worth having anyway:
https://www.discogs.com/Boz-Scaggs-Greatest-Hits-Live/release/7817654

Here's what discogs takes from the DualDisc title info:
Entire album in enhanced stereo [48kHz/16 bit].
Also included on the DVD side are live performances of "Lowdown", "Harbor Lights" and "We're All Alone," captured in 5.1 Surround Sound and High Definition video, from the Coming Home Productions DVD Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live, filmed at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, California. [DVD Video Logo][Dolby Digital Logo] [NTSC]

Is the full concert in 5.1 as well?

Back