Brand new Pioneer QX-949A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this worth $2k? Maybe. Brand new (allegedly.) It looks amazing in the photos.
What scares me about new old stock electronics (as I experienced when I bought a NOS CD-4 demodulator) is that they might not even power up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324624463163
Hey again, gvl_guy. I am right in Columbia and put up my own, previously nos from a decade or so ago, 949 (not the a model, and I don’t know what the “a” denotes, btw). It actually works but is ready for shipping and not in my system now. I am downsizing and put it on ebay with no reserve. Someone nice got my for parts quad deck and he only had to change belt and working like a charm! I am happy for him. I even refunded some of his shipping costs to be fair. Anyway, if interested, you could probably get mine cheaper and make easier pick-up option to avoid having to ship it. I enabled local pick-up. Anyway, it is beautiful and I am attached, but learning to let go. I did not see when you posted, so if an old thread, just disregard. Saw your name and thought I would reply. It has lots of watchers, but not sure if sniping will happen at the end. Also just sold one of my snr-1’s to a great guy in Oregon. Got the other of it and some more dbx switchers as well, posted. I am downsizing and getting ready to ask folks here about how to combine my ht with quad, but not sure I can go that route as i love my dedicated quad setup. Happy Saturday, and again, disregard if I got sloppy in not reading the date. Hope you are enjoying your quad!

No problem! I'm not really interested, but it looked like a pretty amazing unit.

The one I used to own was the A model. The A denoted the SQ full logic decoder, as opposed to the basic decoder. Other than that, they were exactly the same units.

Are you on Facebook? We have a fun old school quad group that might be interested in the receiver if you are selling.

Thanks - rarely on facebook and if it does not sell on ebay, a friend is going to keep it with his equipment and help sell on craigslist. I may be part of that group, I will check. Thanks! I will also be selling my un-restored Marantz 4430 With the coveted SQA card very soon. That unit worked great last I used it, but it’s been a while so I’m not attesting to it’s perfection. I tend to like the sound of unrestored Marantz‘s but I always wonder if they will crash and then I would have to get them restored. Some people even say it changes the sound to restore him but I guess it depends on who does the restoration. Anyway just FYI. Enjoy the weekend! Take care.
Laura

Back