Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly you guys were right about the Winelight mix - sounds amazing! Mr. Scheiner does it again.

It's the only one I'm taking to the grave.. The finest example I've yet to hear of decent enough music being taken to absolutely scintillating levels by being so stunningly remixed in surround sound.

Please swing by here someday Mr.Scheiner! :worthy

I had no trouble with import CDS. I ordered Guess who, BST and tears for fears as soon as they were available and received all three in a timely manner.The price was rock bottom too....Funny though that bread is not available from them on their website but i can order from them off Amazon.

Bread is listed on Import CDs
http://www.importcds.com/music/4158671/best-of-bread

Perhaps you didn't see it as its listed as a CD not SACD?

if you haven't bought "Winelight" yet, go ahead and do so before it goes into Out-of-Stock mode like SuperSession, The Guess Who, Bread, and the BS&T discs.

https://audiofidelity.net/category/multichannel

Winelight is a top-notch 5.1 - right up there fidelity and mix-wise with all the other great Elliot Scheiner mixes. Initially I wondered if I was actually going to like this disc because of the content - you know...how much sax music can a person take in one sitting? But ES has done it again. When he puts his talents to work it really doesn't matter what the music is. It's simply wonderful to listen to.

Winelight is a top-notch 5.1 - right up there fidelity and mix-wise with all the other great Elliot Scheiner mixes. Initially I wondered if I was actually going to like this disc because of the content - you know...how much sax music can a person take in one sitting? But ES has done it again. When he puts his talents to work it really doesn't matter what the music is. It's simply wonderful to listen to.

I've had a hard time convincing some of my friends to buy that disc...listening to it on youtube just doesn't do it justice...I already had it before it came out on SACD but I'm keeping both formats...

And don't forget the Gus Skinas transfer to DSD on Winelight. It makes the original ES mix much punchier than on the DVD Audio disc.

And don't forget the Gus Skinas transfer to DSD on Winelight. It makes the original ES mix much punchier than on the DVD Audio disc.

I wonder if Elliot talked to Gus about it...made any suggestions...when Jon first mentioned that the SACD sounded better I thought he was mistaken...but as soon as I played it the first time you could hear a slight difference...

The Audio Fidelity folks are in the Rock zone music wise. So it makes sense they would liven up Winelight. Definitely punchier in Multichannel SACD here.

You will enjoy it. Best of Bread in Multichannel SACD is an excellent one.
A favorite here.

I'm super-ignorant of this time period. I like that they tend to be mellow. Peaceful. Reminds of Croce, Keaggy and maybe America or James Taylor, so some extent (of all those, not a huge JT fan).

Wait 'til you get to side 2! :p There ain't nothin' mellow about "Mother Freedom"..! :D
"Let Your Love Go" is pretty rocky too!

Best of Bread was one of the first group of 4 Channel Quad releases from Elektra Records at the launch of Quadraphonic Sound.
It was mixed to show off Quad's potential.

Having it in full Multichannel SACD, transferred right from the Analog 4-Channel Master Tapes by Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center is a treat!

Back