• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from "Heads Up"! (y):phones(n)

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I like the SACD and the music. It's Michael Brecker's final album and has an all star group of jazz stars on the disc.

The Surround Sound mix uses a "horse shoe" arrangement (per Heads Up/Telarc's Michael Bishop) with the Sax up front. The surrounds are used for keyboard, drum parts and seasoning. Very appropriate to the music.

blue.monk

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I've long been a fan of this album. An extraordinary swan song from Brecker featuring a lineup of legends (Hancock, Metheny, Patitucci, DeJohnette, Mehldau). The compositions are uniformly excellent leaning towards more progressive, rather than traditional, harmonic sequences (which may not appeal to all). The sound is warm, dynamic and crystal clear. The surround mix makes great use of the center channel and creates an effective & full soundstage along the sides and back of the listener. As Brian noted, very appropriate for the music. 10

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
LMAO! It's only $132 on Amazon. Geez....

Oops - that seemed to be an outlier listing....I see others listed for less than 50

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
LMAO! It's only $132 on Amazon. Geez....

Oops - that seemed to be an outlier listing....I see others listed for less than 50
Another case of buying the Multichannel SACDs when they first come out.
If you don't, those prices do go up once the SACD is out of print and no longer available.