DVD/DTS Poll Brown, Chris - Chris Brown [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Chris Brown - CHRIS BROWN

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Last edited:
Just bought this earlier today and now i'm home early from work i can give it a quick spin before it gets buried in the pile and forgotten about.. am i glad i did..!!!!

..GOOD GRIEF this is a very very active surround mix indeed..!!!! (y)

vocals, instruments, sound effects (everything but the kitchen sink!) fly and pan around and about all over the place!!!

in one track the lead vocals constantly rotate around the soundfield from front right to rear right to rear left to front left to centre and back again! its not even nausea-inducing! its a hoot!

ok, its gratuitous fun and a bit dumb and totally WILD but this ain't The Beatles we're talking about, its not sacrilegious to take this stuff and really play with it the way these guys did to mix it into 5.1..!

forget about the Dolby, forget about the artist, embrace the totally over the top surround mix!!

reminds me very much of the Britney one in being so insanely channel-hip-hoppity-boppity..!!! :p

demo-worthy :banana:

not ready yet of course but when time comes to vote I can very well see me giving this a high score.. an 8, maybe even a 9! its insane!

despite the Dolby Digital, despite who and what it is, its one of the most discrete surround music mixes I've heard in a long time! (and lets face it, that's a big draw for us guys eh!?).

Thanks, but that is the wrong link. You want to search for the dual disc version. And, is cheaper, at 42 cents.....

However, another one you reccomended I picked up, Shawn Amos, Thank You Shirl-ee May, a song cycle about his mother. In DTS, its wonderful music, not wildly discrete, but very moving about his mother who commited suicide and had a 60s music career her son didn't know about. And it has the best moving slide show I've ever seen on a 5.1 mix.

Thanks, but that is the wrong link. You want to search for the dual disc version. And, is cheaper, at 42 cents.....

However, another one you reccomended I picked up, Shawn Amos, Thank You Shirl-ee May, a song cycle about his mother. In DTS, its wonderful music, not wildly discrete, but very moving about his mother who commited suicide and had a 60s music career her son didn't know about. And it has the best moving slide show I've ever seen on a 5.1 mix.

oops! my bad! :eek:

nevertheless, the CD + DVD version also has the entire Chris Brown album in 5.1 (and could well be preferable for anyone who might want to actually be able to play the CD in their slot-loading car CDP's etc.!) ;)

glad you're enjoying the Shawn Amos, works for me :friday:

Yeah man props to you for recommending that Shawn Amos disc. I really like it! Actually wrote an article about it on my blog :)
http://www.mattloveswriting.com/things-we-dont-expect-thank-you-shirl-ee-may-a-love-story/

Now, let's see about this Chris Brown guy ;-) Checking him out on grooveshark right now. I think I'll enjoy that.

Love your writing! (y)

the Shawn Amos is one of those real hidden gems, not just from a surround p.o.v. but as an album in its own right.. seems there's quite a few great surround mixes buried away on DVD-Videos and DualDiscs.. and the best news is they're all modern artists and all cheap!

while not everybody's musical cup of tea, there's DVD-V's of things like the video collections of acts like Janet Jackson and J-Lo both with excellent (genuine, discrete) 5.1 mixes, for example. both cheap and easy to get too.

wait til you hear the mix on that Chris Brown, Matthias it's something else! I found out about that one thanks to Bob Romano. Thank you Bob (y)

R-6024250-1409163124-4991.jpg

R-6024250-1409163685-8621.jpg

This is one I enjoy putting on. Solid mix all the way. For Hip Hop and R'n'B fans, this one is a slam dunk. Voted 9

It's a shame this thread is filled with anything but posts about this album...

Back