• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Content, Poor Surround

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 5.1 jazz release from TELARC (SACD-63562) (y):phones(n)

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
If you love piano jazz, almost jazz club mellow jazz, this disc is a MUST. It's mostly old classics like "Honeysuckle Rose", "Fly Me to the Moon", "Django", etc, and is a terrific disc to put on when folks (non-rockers) are over. It just fills the room with a calm, mellow sound that makes me smile.

This one is a must have for the piano jazz fan, and again TELARC does a terrific job on the mix. No gimmicks, just a great mix.

BTW - It's a 2002 release (how did I miss not listing it in the past) and it's still available at most online resellers!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Just found this for $15 on discogs. Around 1/3 the asking prices I've seen for the last few years.
I'll try to remember to report back.
Someday...
Happy somebody appreciates those NOW scarce as hens teeth TELARC and HEADS UP DISCS. IMO, they had something for 'almost' everyone with superb multichannel sonics, with performances from jazz, pop, R&B, blues and rock legends and back in the day they were $12 each. If you want to improve the sound of any system, pop one of these puppies in and marvel at the superb life like sonics.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Happy somebody appreciates those NOW scarce as hens teeth TELARC and HEADS UP DISCS. IMO, they had something for 'almost' everyone with superb multichannel sonics, with performances from jazz, pop, R&B, blues and rock legends and back in the day they were $12 each. If you want to improve the sound of any system, pop one of these puppies in and marvel at the superb life like sonics.
I'm looking forward to it. I don't recall being disappointed by any Telarc discs yet.

~dave~~wave~

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Just found this for $15 on discogs. Around 1/3 the asking prices I've seen for the last few years.
I'll try to remember to report back.
Someday...
Happy you're using your Afghan downtime to find some gems to hear when you get home.
I got the RBCD of this shortly after release from the old BMG club, and it's one of the best jazz CDs in my collection.

It came with a bonus "Producer's Choice" CD that's a showcase of Ray with all kinds of folks in all kinds of settings.
The Super Bass bass trio cuts are astounding.
(Check out the producer's comments on the bottom of the bonus CD label.)

Take care of your ears over there, Baggs, along the rest of yourself.

page083.jpg

page084.jpg

page085.jpg

page087.jpg