Bruce Soord - Bruce Soord cd with 5.1 FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
shameless copy from Burning Shed, https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/7002/

The self-titled debut solo album from Bruce Soord - the frontman and creative force behind The Pineapple Thief.

Recorded during the Summer of 2015 at Bruce's home studio, Soord Studio. All tracks were written and performed by Soord. Darren Charles, from Godsticks, played additional guitar.

Having wanted to make a solo album for some time, Soord had a clear vision of what he wanted to do with his new project, but as the journey unfolded, found himself taking surprising paths to create the music.

On his debut, Bruce has explored the softer, dreamier side of his song-writing. More acoustic in nature than before, the song's arrangements retain Bruce's typical sense of depth and detail.

Bruce has revisited past experiences to find inspiration for the songs. Spending a lifetime growing up in a small town, a once thriving sprawl of friends, lovers and music has diminished; venues have closed and old hunting grounds have become unrecognisable.

The album is a celebration of youthful idealism as much as it is a eulogy of times past.

The track 'Familiar Patterns' album will launch the album. The future single 'Willow Tree' is set to be the radio and video track.

Soord recently premiered the songs live with a UK tour supporting label mates Sweet Billy Pilgrim.

--------

Bruce Soord formed The Pineapple Thief in 1999 and the band has continued to evolve its sound ever since and are seen by many as one of the most interesting and innovative rock bands or recent times. Bruce Soord also collaborates with other Kscope artists, joining forces with Katatonia's Jonas Renske on the 2013 Wisdom Of Crowds project and playing as a member of Katatonia on the band's Dethroned & Uncrowned Unplugged European tour.

Soord is also working on various other projects creating 5.1 mixes, and has recently mixed TesseracT's album Polaris, Tim Bowness's Stupid Thing That Mean The World and remixing Opeth's album Deliverance.

---------

Bruce Soord will be released as a 10 track digipack CD with a 16 page colour booklet.

All pre-orders come with a link - on the day of release - to a free 5.1 FLAC download.

Pre-order for 27th November release.

1. Black Smoke [3:27]
2. Buried Here [4:20]
3. The Odds [3:34]
4. A Thousand Daggers [4:46]
5. Willow Tree [5:14]
6. Born In Dilusion [4:10]
7. Field Day Part 1 [3:15]
8. Field Day Part 2 [1:44]
9. Familiar Patterns [4:14]
10. Leaves Leave Me [5:17]

It seems to follow the same route as th Tim Bowness release, the 5.1 only available for pre-orders.

image.jpeg

It seems to follow the same route as th Tim Bowness release, the 5.1 only available for pre-orders.
weird move. why doesn't to offer separate purchase of DL version for those who interested only in 5.1 surround sound.
i personally would prefer such. anyway all purchased over the years releases DVD-A/BD-A, containing CD, CDs never
have been used at all. and why i should, if have more superior version of the same albums.

I agree 0tto. It seems like a way to get in a lot of pre-orders, instead of treating the 5.1 as a full part of this release. I can understand when Kscope does not support a two disc edition, although replication cost of a second disc are probably not high, but at least the 5.1 should be available as a proper edition of this album, even after release date.

I've just pre-ordered, for the bonus of the 5.1 FLAC which I'll create a DVD-A or BD-A of.

I wonder if having the 5.1 mix only on the pre-orders is a way for the Record Company to not only keep costs down, but to also judge the desire for 5.1 mixes (as they'll know how many downloads have occurred)?

I've just pre-ordered, for the bonus of the 5.1 FLAC which I'll create a DVD-A or BD-A of.

I wonder if having the 5.1 mix only on the pre-orders is a way for the Record Company to not only keep costs down, but to also judge the desire for 5.1 mixes (as they'll know how many downloads have occurred)?
It could be a reason. It would be interesting to know how many people actually downloaded the 5.1 mix of Tim Bowness his latest album, as that was also only available with pre-orders.

Burning Shed Lisa, when you are still round at QQ, could you share information about this (if allowed obviously).

I missed the pre-order for Tim Bowness by a day and contacted Burning Shed to see if I could buy the download.
Lisa responded that at the present time the 5.1 download was exclusive to the pre-order but they were hoping to offer it for sale in the future.
The future is here and they still have not released it.

-- Greg

I missed the pre-order for Tim Bowness by a day and contacted Burning Shed to see if I could buy the download.
Lisa responded that at the present time the 5.1 download was exclusive to the pre-order but they were hoping to offer it for sale in the future.
The future is here and they still have not released it.

-- Greg
sounds like they don't wanna earn the money.

as for their research in regard of quantity of download, it's totally senseless.
those, who interested only in CD version most likely won't even bother themselves with download of 5.1 version
and those, who interested only in 5.1 won't purchase CD but at same time can't obtain legally surround version.
seems to me it's quite stupid approach. Bruce and Tim should offer purchase of downloadable version from their
sites and receive cash directly without middle man.

If you are only interested in the 5.1 version, why wouldn't you purchase the CD and get the download. $12.99 for a 5.1 download sounds fair to me. You don't have to open the CD if you don't want. Not an environmentally friendly business plan but a fair price for the product you want if you ask me.

sounds like they don't wanna earn the money.

as for their research in regard of quantity of download, it's totally senseless.
those, who interested only in CD version most likely won't even bother themselves with download of 5.1 version
and those, who interested only in 5.1 won't purchase CD but at same time can't obtain legally surround version.
seems to me it's quite stupid approach. Bruce and Tim should offer purchase of downloadable version from their
sites and receive cash directly without middle man.

If you are only interested in the 5.1 version, why wouldn't you purchase the CD and get the download. $12.99 for a 5.1 download sounds fair to me. You don't have to open the CD if you don't want. Not an environmentally friendly business plan but a fair price for the product you want if you ask me.
actually 23 bucks with shipping, isn't very fair for download of 5.1 in flac in which i have interest only.

actually 23 bucks with shipping, isn't very fair for download of 5.1 in flac in which i have interest only.

I kind of agree with Otto. In this day and age where people are downloading stuff for free and not giving the artist anything it seems artists/labels are still stuck into certain pricing models that might prohibit some one from purely taking a gamble on a download.

Just a thought but imagine if there was a download only option of 4.99 pounds if you only wanted the 5.1 and didn't order the cd copy, wouldn't this entice even more people to order just the 5.1 as I am the same as Otto if a option with 5.1 and stereo I don't ever listen to the stereo copy. The stereo copy of all these cd\dvda and cd\bluray, the stereo cd copy just stays its same same spot in my collections which is not being listened to.

peter

Going rate for stereo 24/192 on the download sites is around that. Not to hard to imagine 5.1 flacs would be sold at a similar rate. But I see your point. I want the stereo and the 5.1 so it works out OK for me, and I agree that having the 5.1 available only for those that catch wind of the pre-order is silly.

Really liking this one... made a 5.1 disc for the car...

Anyone notice the comment in the liner notes:

"Additional mix input was also provided by Neil Palfreyman" (y)

Back