Bruce Soord - Bruce Soord cd with 5.1 FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. I've listened to this album (rather a lot) on the computer.. its brilliant.. but now I would dearly love to turn the 5.1 FLACs into a disc of some kind that will playback (preferably still losslessly and would rather a DVD than a BD if possible) in 5.1 on a BD Player/DVD player..

In short.. Can you help, please...?

Sorry for being a hassle.. but have been experiencing near meltdown trying to get it to work without success..!! :yikes

Thank you :)

Adam, what wrong with BD-A?
it's way more easier to do basic BD-A than basic DVD-A.
simplest tool you need - foobar2000 and tsMuxer. both are freeware.

Oh ok..! Thank you! :upthumb

Well, there's nothing wrong with BD-A at all.. only problem is I don't have access to my BD burner at the moment after the move and was hoping for some solution I could just burn on the crummy old 'superdrive' (so 'super' it only does CD and DVD) I got currently attached to my Mac Mini..

..oh and another problem is I can't get foobar to work on my Mac with WINE anymore since I upgraded the OS either..

the whole things driving me bananas tbh, computers are wonderful but I am technically useless and the hurdles in my way make me want to give up.. haha..! :D

you don't need blank BD disc. ole good DVD +-R will work just fine in Blu Ray player with it, if content on disc has blu ray folder/files architecture.

you don't need blank BD disc. ole good DVD +-R will work just fine in Blu Ray player with it, if content on disc has blu ray folder/files architecture.

WOW! So.. let me get this straight, I can burn a BD-A to a DVD-R or DVD+R and it will do MultiCh Flac on a BDP..!? :yikes

If I've understood correctly, how do I do that please?

Sorry to be a bore.. :eek:

Any chance you could post a detailed explanation of how to do this? I would LOVE to put a whole bunch of hi-rez 5.1 flac files on a Blu-ray disc!

pretty close. you just need convert 5.1 flac into 5.1 wav.
feed this 5.1 wav to tsMuxer, put in "chapters" (start and end of each track), select what do you wanna - blu ray folder or bly ray iso and hit the button "start muxing".

feed this 5.1 wav to tsMuxer, put in "chapters" (start and end of each track), select what do you wanna - blu ray folder or bly ray iso and hit the button "start muxing".

How does Foobar fit in?

Ok, that's great thank you! :)

Pretty sure I can convert the flac to wav with XLD.. does that obviate the need to do the foobar thing?

Any chance you could post a detailed explanation of how to do this? I would LOVE to put a whole bunch of hi-rez 5.1 flac files on a Blu-ray disc!

foobar just to convert flac into wav. if you use something else, that would work too if appz doesn't downmix 5.1 to 2.0

assuming that you already have wav or DTS HD (in my case on screenshot):

001.JPG

002.JPG

if you wanna some video in background, you may use any photo gallery app to create a slideshow and put together with audio stream.

I do something similar using Audiomuxer.

I rip a single FLAC and a CUE with Foobar, then load the FLAC and CUE files into Audiomuxer. I create an AVCHD ISO rather than a "true" BD ISO because my player won't play a "true" BD on a DVD-R but is happy with the AVCHD format, but Audiomuxer will do both.

I do something similar using Audiomuxer.

I rip a single FLAC and a CUE with Foobar, then load the FLAC and CUE files into Audiomuxer. I create an AVCHD ISO rather than a "true" BD ISO because my player won't play a "true" BD on a DVD-R but is happy with the AVCHD format, but Audiomuxer will do both.
sure, there are few freebies for this task, including multiAVCHD which can make navigation menu. i advised tsMuxer as easiest one to do basic work.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know a way of purchasing this? I tried contacting Bruce directly via his website but didn't get a response.

Perhaps if/when Bruce does another solo album he can do a twofer dvd with both albums in 5.1 a la Tim Bowness (hint hint Bruce if you're out there still....)

Back