Bruce Soord - Bruce Soord cd with 5.1 FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the album from IAA and the song Willow Tree seems to be truncated. It stops suddenly at 3:33. The stereo version from Apple Music is 5:18. Has anyone else purchased the album from IAA found the the same issue. For those who got the files directly from Bruce. Is Willow Tree 3:33 or 5:18?

I've emailed IAA to see if there is a full version of the song available.

I like what he's done on this album. He was a good surround mixer at the time he did this album, but has really upped his game lately.

Last edited:
I purchase the album from IAA and the song Willow Tree seems to be truncated. It stops suddenly at 3:33. The stereo version from Apple Music is 5:18. Has anyone else purchased the album from IAA found the the same issue. For those who got the files directly from Bruce. Is Willow Tree 3:33 or 5:18?

I have the original file set and the one from IAA - they are identical, aside from the tagging. Both versions of "Willow Tree" run 5:19.

I have the original file set and the one from IAA - they are identical, aside from the tagging. Both versions of "Willow Tree" run 5:19.
Thanks.

IAA has been incredibly responsive, sent a new dl link and tried zipping the file and linking it. Every time I download it, 3:33. I even had my son download it on his gaming rig and the same thing happens. The file size is correct, but the song ends at 3:33.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the issues was here. I usually dl the files from my office Mac and covert them to m4a to transfer to the NAS my listening room Mac mini accesses for playback.

Trying the procedure from the Mac mini, the file would open and play 5:19 in Elmelda, but when I tried to covert it to m4a in dBpoweramp it failed at about the 3:33 mark.

Luckily Jonathan Cornell at IAA was committed to solving the problem. He set me a 4th link to the file in WAV format and that converted to m4a without a problem.

Everyone should buy a song form Immersive Audio today.

Final part of my conversation with Immersive Audio

Hi John,

No problem, happy to help. It's a great album and "Willow Tree" is one of my favorite tracks - look for more of Bruce's 5.1 mixes on our site in the coming weeks...

Best,
Jonathan

Last edited:
Back