Bruce Soord is releasing his second solo album "All This Will Be Yours" (5.1 DVD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DO253etXcAAoMti.jpg

Great news - looking forward to a release next year I would suspect.

Please - for the surround disc (assuming it's being done and it seems very likely given his recent history) do it like the Tim Bowness one - include the 5.1 mix of the first solo album too so those of us that missed the download can get a copy!

Please - for the surround disc (assuming it's being done and it seems very likely given his recent history) do it like the Tim Bowness one - include the 5.1 mix of the first solo album too so those of us that missed the download can get a copy!

This. I was an early-adopter of the album and got the 5.1 download as a result, but I can not understand the marketing strategy of restricting the 5.1 download to the first X many purchases. It just boggles my mind. How does that make any damned sense?

FWIW, IIRC, BS said that we are free to share the 1st album in 5.1 via FLAC with anybody who bought the album, even if they bought it late. Don't make me find the post!

I see you will be getting your wish, as look at the response Bruce gave on Dec.1 on his facebook page to a similar question.

Here was question to Bruce:

If you read this Bruce, are there any plans to release the 5.1 of your solo album on dvd or bluray?

Bruce Soord reples: "yes - i am gong to ask if we can do a special edition of my new solo and I'll also put the 5.1 mix of the first album on there too. It will probably be dvd-v though so 24/96 DTS."

I see you will be getting your wish, as look at the response Bruce gave on Dec.1 on his facebook page to a similar question.

If you read this Bruce, are there any plans to release the 5.1 of your solo album on dvd or bluray?

Bruce Soord reples: "yes - i am gong to ask if we can do a special edition of my new solo and I'll also put the 5.1 mix of the first album on there too. It will probably be dvd-v though so 24/96 DTS."

Better than DD, which seems to be a bit of a trend, these days!

Good stuff, Bruce is the man.

And here we go!
https://burningshed.com/bruce-soord_all-this-will-be-yours_deluxe
2CD/DVD deluxe edition of All This Will Be Yours featuring the album on the first CD, acoustic re-workings and bonus studio tracks on the second CD, 5.1 surround (24/88 DTS) and hi-res (24/88 WAV) mixes of the stereo album, acoustic album & bonus studio tracks on the DVD.

--------

Taking elements from the recent musical developments with The Pineapple Thief, as well as an ambition to experiment with his own sound, All This Will Be Yours is an intensely personal album from Bruce Soord.

Described by Soord as an observational record, it is inspired by the joy felt by the birth of his third child juxtaposed by the local deprivation in his hometown. Whilst on walks in Yeovil, Bruce took field recordings as he witnessed the ‘incarcerated souls’ shuffling to local drug den ‘number 158’, the screaming children on their commute to school, the incessant sounds of sirens, and an old man singing as he walked past his house.

The sound of All This Will Be Yours features contemporary production elements, alongside acoustic guitars delicately layered with samples. Ever present are Soord's familiar vocals, which deliver an emotive and accessible view into his contrasting feelings when writing about austerity whilst his tranquil newborn dozed in the studio.

The audio has been recorded as two continuous linear pieces to replicate the pleasure of listening to an album on vinyl, and was mastered by fellow The Pineapple Thief member Steve Kitch.

KSCOPE555-MOCK-UP.jpg

I'm in for sure. I'd of course preferred a blu-ray that maybe had the 5.1 mix of the first album included, but I'll take it as is, sure sounds like it'll be a very interesting album.
Blu ray would be better, or an all in download for me. But looking at the description we seem to be in for another Bruce Soord special.

On the latest TPT album the acoustic reworking were almost entirely different songs, if the solo reworkings are in the same style we might be getting more or less 2 albums.

2CD/DVD deluxe edition of All This Will Be Yours featuring the album on the first CD, acoustic re-workings and bonus studio tracks on the second CD, 5.1 surround (24/88 DTS) and hi-res (24/88 WAV) mixes of the stereo album, acoustic album & bonus studio tracks on the DVD

24/88 seems like an odd format in DTS. Most of the times it is either 24/48 of 24/96. Stereo 24/88.2 is more common though.

The picture of the dvd does say DVD audio/video. Could it be an actual dvd-a/v?

Maybe @Brucesoord or @NeilWilkes can shed a light?
@rtbluray for both Bruce and Neil I am not getting an @. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but does this mean both are not a member anymore on QQ? Thanks. (I do see them in the member sectiën but their Usher names are Bruce Soord and neil wilkes, Perhaps the space within their username is stopping it from being tagged,

Last edited:
Back