Bruce Springsteen "Letter To You" on Apple TV+

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just finished watching on Apple TV+. Available in Dolby Atmos (assuming that you have an Apple TV 4k streaming device - which I do not). Via my Roku, I get Dolby Digital. This is a making of, live in the studio w/The E Street Band "documentary." Very similar stylistically to the Western Skies Blu Ray. Candid docu style filming of Bruce & the Boys (&Girl), rehearsing in studio, along with Bruce's prose style narrative introducing each song - performed in its' entirety (without any talkover).

I'm not a Bruce fanatic but I like alot of his stuff. This sounds like pretty much what you would expect. Perhaps after 45 years they are a bit less frenetic. It still rocks. The mix is not just ambience in the rears but there is still a bit of reverb to go along with rhythm guitars, vocals and some effects that reside in the rears. Drums and lead vocal and overall band is in the front. Be interested to hear thoughts from someone that might have the ability to hear this in Atmos.

Bruce Springsteen's Letter To You on Apple TV+

Just finished watching on Apple TV+. Available in Dolby Atmos (assuming that you have an Apple TV 4k streaming device - which I do not). Via my Roku, I get Dolby Digital. This is a making of, live in the studio w/The E Street Band "documentary." Very similar stylistically to the Western Skies Blu Ray. Candid docu style filming of Bruce & the Boys (&Girl), rehearsing in studio, along with Bruce's prose style narrative introducing each song - performed in its' entirety (without any talkover).

I'm not a Bruce fanatic but I like alot of his stuff. This sounds like pretty much what you would expect. Perhaps after 45 years they are a bit less frenetic. It still rocks. The mix is not just ambience in the rears but there is still a bit of reverb to go along with rhythm guitars, vocals and some effects that reside in the rears. Drums and lead vocal and overall band is in the front. Be interested to hear thoughts from someone that might have the ability to hear this in Atmos.

Bruce Springsteen's Letter To You on Apple TV+
I'll check and report after I'm done with work today. Really looking forward to watching the doc and listening to the album today.

First impression: height speakers silent during studio songs, rear speakers not fully discreet.
Atmos heights get into action only during instrumental songs that accompany Bruce's banter in between songs.

As a 5.1 mix, there are really nice songs, like Ghosts. I'd really like to have the full album released in Blu-ray this way, with the option to skip Bruce talking and listen just to the songs.
Very nice music and mix, loving it so far.

The album was mixed by Bob Clearmountain. He has stated in the past that he usually creates a 5.1 mix of any album he's working on. Maybe there's a full 5.1 mix of the album in the vault. Not that Bruce has shown any real interest in surround up to this point..... 😥

Western stars is a winner in Atmos and this one is on par. If only it was possible to listen to just the songs in Apple TV, I'd content myself. Or being able to rip them too.
But at least them having taken the time to create the nice mix for this documentary is a step forward

Back