Quantcast

Bruce Springsteen Western Stars Blu-ray with ATMOS

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

mattB2

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Quite a pleasant surprise to see that the new Blu-ray has an ATMOS soundtrack. I've only had a chance to give it a brief check and the sound seems to be excellent. The rears seem to be mainly ambience from the bits that I sampled but the actual film looks great and the sound easily surpasses the CD version of the original album. A really nice Christmas treat from the Boss. :LB:LB:LB

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this one, if you’re a Bruce fan at all, you really should have this.

My system is only 5.1, and there’s lots of rear activity there with a slight forward slant to the mix, giving a sort of side Phantom center activity, like the strings on the left; keyboards & pedal steel guitar on the right. Perhaps that’s due to a down mixed Atmos or 7.1 actively in the side ‘surround’ speakers, but with the fronts still pulling the mix forward.
The only thing I found that was a little overdone was a little too hot in the center channel; which is something Bob Clearmountain has been doing recently.
The songs are really good IMO, and I’ve gotten some ear worms after just a couple of listens.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this one, if you’re a Bruce fan at all, you really should have this.

My system is only 5.1, and there’s lots of rear activity there with a slight forward slant to the mix, giving a sort of side Phantom center activity, like the strings on the left; keyboards & pedal steel guitar on the right. Perhaps that’s due to a down mixed Atmos or 7.1 actively in the side ‘surround’ speakers, but with the fronts still pulling the mix forward.
The only thing I found that was a little overdone was a little too hot in the center channel; which is something Bob Clearmountain has been doing recently.
The songs are really good IMO, and I’ve gotten some ear worms after just a couple of listens.

Nice to know about that mix. :)

I have " Seeger Sessions " both the cd/dvd* and dualdisc**with DD 5.1 ( 8 surround*and 6 surround**) repectively . And of course with Bob Clearmountain's mix .

I like the live " in the studio " type surround mix of the 2 edition Seeger Sessions DVD , and wonder if
" Western Stars " in 5.1 is as good ? .....or better ?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Nice to know about that mix. :)

I have " Seeger Sessions " both the cd/dvd* and dualdisc**with DD 5.1 ( 8 surround*and 6 surround**) repectively . And of course with Bob Clearmountain's mix .

I like the live " in the studio " type surround mix of the 2 edition Seeger Sessions DVD , and wonder if
" Western Stars " in 5.1 is as good ? .....or better ?
Hi Fizzy, you got any links for that " Seeger Sessions"- discogs ... Amazon etc.???

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
No links from me sorry, but thanks privateuniverse .:)
But don't despair .....surely it's still available somewhere . I got mine locally , shortly after release (2006/7) and it's been around for quite some time availability wise , maybe 10 or more years. They were both released in 2006 , The "American Lands " edition is the 8 tracks in DD 5.1.....the dualdisc six.
I know that used records stores are a good source as I got one there maybe sometime btwn 2010 and 2015 .
Hopefully this picture helps you locate them .

Of note : they both indicate the dvd portion is stereo ......but as mentioned prior there are surround tracks.

Attachments

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Quick question here: do all the Blu-ray versions for Western Stars come with the Atmos soundtrack?

zimmy

No links from me sorry, but thanks privateuniverse .:)
But don't despair .....surely it's still available somewhere . I got mine locally , shortly after release (2006/7) and it's been around for quite some time availability wise , maybe 10 or more years. They were both released in 2006 , The "American Lands " edition is the 8 tracks in DD 5.1.....the dualdisc six.
I know that used records stores are a good source as I got one there maybe sometime btwn 2010 and 2015 .
Hopefully this picture helps you locate them .

Of note : they both indicate the dvd portion is stereo ......but as mentioned prior there are surround tracks.
I must react to this one.
I have an dual disc like this and it has NOT 5.1 sound but is in stereo as it says.
Because of this thread i have found out that there are 5.1 versions and i have sent for one to an low price.
I just want you all to know that you have to check if the disc is in 5.1 before you buy it

perzon57

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I'm not sure,bought mine from amazon.co.uk and it play OK here in Norway.
All of Europe are the same zone isn't it?